Could you be a PM and have type 1?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Politics (certainly at the top) is a dirty game so nothing surprises me.
But how come May needs to inject, surely someone in her position could get a pump?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
But how come May needs to inject, surely someone in her position could get a pump?
I am assuming she is on twice daily injections?

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Perhaps she doesn’t want one. Not all of us do.

Draco16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Perhaps she doesn’t want one. Not all of us do.

I agree with this. Though i am surprised that she uses a Libre and not a Dexcom. I'm also surprised when I read some of the things she eats. Didn't she only become aware of the Libre from someone on here writing to her secretary? I don't actually think she or her support team are that clued up on T1 at all.

Even putting aside her diabetes - and i'm not a particular fan of hers - I do think she was dealt an awful hand (though probably stupid to take the job at that point) and has shown remarkable resilience when you do factor in the T1.

I'd love to know her numbers - I think the stress, irregular meals, erratic schedule must make it incredibly hard to control.

I know at work if i'm not in the 4-6 bg level range my concentration and focus is not optimal. As much as I dislike Williamson... in truth I do think there is something in it.

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
Being an Aussie, I’m amazed she has survived that long. I have lost track of how many PM’s we have had in the time she has been PM and we haven’t been doing anything radical, well one PM was radical he said climate change maybe real and said that seeing that 62% of Australian’s said yes to Same Sex Marriage he had better pass the law, so of course he had to go and they are so selfish they haven’t as of yet let the public have a go at getting rid of a PM. We are thinking of making ousting PM’s an event at the next Commonwealth games, another Gold medal to Australia (all countries that start with Democratic Republic are automatically disqualified - you are not allowed to shoot your PM to get rid of them).

Last edited:

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, the reason I can't be PM is not because I have T1.

mahola

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Realistically though, she doesn't actually do any work. She is just the face of the sh*t storm we are currently in. She has aides that do the scut work...

D

Deleted member 308541

We are thinking of making ousting PM’s an event at the next Commonwealth games, another Gold medal to Australia (all countries that start with Democratic Republic are automatically disqualified - you are not allowed to shoot your PM to get rid of them).
Have to pay gold on this one as ScoMo will get the chop next week...
0y4h3.gif