Zero carb/Carnivore

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been trying zero carb/carnivore since february. I can't say I feel any different. It hasn't improved my constipation at all. Unfortunately the community doesn't seem to understand that, in offering a very radical diet (at least that's how it's perceived), treating people that struggle badly isn't the answer. Instead they just shut the door.

@ghost_whistler I’m sorry to hear that and that you’ve not had the support you need.

What do you eat in a day and are you able to tell us what medications you’re on and type of diabetes? That sort of info helps with offering the right sort of info.

Is is constipation or is it not actually going for days because you don’t need to?

Last edited:

ghost_whistler

@ghost_whistler I’m sorry to hear that and that you’ve not had the support you need.

What do you eat in a day and are you able to tell us what medications you’re on and type of diabetes? That sort of info helps with offering the right sort of info.

Is is constipation or is it not actually going for days because you don’t need to?
I eat cooked beef as a burger for breakfast, some cooked beef, sardines and salmon for lunch, cooked beef, belly pork, chicken and liver for dinner. In total about 6-700g food cooked in butter/tallow/ sometimes EVOO (not technically carnivore but healthy). I take no medication and am not diabetic but had a diagnosis of hypoglycemia. Eating low carb has cured that

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I eat cooked beef as a burger for breakfast, some cooked beef, sardines and salmon for lunch, cooked beef, belly pork, chicken and liver for dinner. In total about 6-700g food cooked in butter/tallow/ sometimes EVOO (not technically carnivore but healthy). I take no medication and am not diabetic but had a diagnosis of hypoglycemia. Eating low carb has cured that

...and are you actually constipated or just not going as often as you think you should?

ghost_whistler

...and are you actually constipated or just not going as often as you think you should?
It isn't regularity, I understand there is less compulsion. The problem is that passing stool requires strain and intervention. Sometimes accompanied by a particularly metalish odour.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
It isn't regularity, I understand there is less compulsion. The problem is that passing stool requires strain and intervention. Sometimes accompanied by a particularly metalish odour.
Do you drink often enough. When doing Keto with lots of nuts, I found I had to drink more to obtain the right output; this could be the key to unlock your scenario (put as best as I can for decency).

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Do you mean you feel like you need to go but can’t?

Some straining is relatively normal but I’ve no idea about what you mean by intervention.
If you feel this is an issue, add some low arb veg to your diet and see what happens.

Reactions: 1spuds

ghost_whistler

Do you mean you feel like you need to go but can’t?

Some straining is relatively normal but I’ve no idea about what you mean by intervention.
If you feel this is an issue, add some low arb veg to your diet and see what happens.
I'm not sure one is meant to strain at all. It was never a problem prior to changing my diet.

What I'm talking about is stool that doesn't seem to move out of the body without notable effort. As if it's not soft enough.

(tmi, but we're all adults)

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not sure one is meant to strain at all. It was never a problem prior to changing my diet.

What I'm talking about is stool that doesn't seem to move out of the body without notable effort. As if it's not soft enough.

(tmi, but we're all adults)

So your options are, add something to your diet to help.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, however I'm somewhat reticent given all the reasons for not eating veg in the first place

Try some ground/milled flaxseed sprinkled on your food. That works a treat. It is good for us in so many ways, not least the amount of omega 3 it contains.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if this has been posted before, but it's a good overview:

Carnivore Diet: Why would it work? What about Nutrients and Fiber?:

Reactions: Goonergal

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes