Type 2 Has anyone experienced these symptoms

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
So before diagnosis I had IBS. Still have it but on the whole it’s 99% better. Usually if my carbs increase or sugars it’s the first thing that I’ve noticed happens. Stomach starts to play up and it’s always related to my carbs and sugars etc.

Anyway I’ve started eating grenade bars but I’ve noticed that my stomach is playing up.

That’s fine, just need to not have them everyday.

But I’ve also noticed last couple days I’ve had achy legs, back is sorer and hips ache when I’m sitting in car.

It suddenly occurred to me today whether this old symptom is actually related to it all. And maybe this aches and pains are directly caused by carbs, sugars, maybe IBS etc.

Anyone else experienced this? Didn’t even occur to be till today when I thought I hadn’t felt these for a while but then my stomach is playing up as well. Got to be related.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I have achy back legs and hips
Type 2 on Sr metformin
Are you on metformin?

No forxiga.
Plus these symptoms are from before diagnosis.

It feels like backache but it goes inside as well but just the back

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
A number of things can cause achey joints/back, best to see your GP.
Hope you feel better very soon.
Take care

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Hi,
A number of things can cause achey joints/back, best to see your GP.
Hope you feel better very soon.
Take care

I’m trying hard to not see my dr until my anniversary bloods in August. I spend way too many times at the dr so I’m determined not to go. It’s been 2 weeks since last visit.

I was just wondering because it seems related to my IBS which is related to my carbs and sugars.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m trying hard to not see my dr until my anniversary bloods in August. I spend way too many times at the dr so I’m determined not to go. It’s been 2 weeks since last visit.

I was just wondering because it seems related to my IBS which is related to my carbs and sugars.

Can you pin it down to any particular type of carb/food? A food diary could be a really big help here.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Can you pin it down to any particular type of carb/food? A food diary could be a really big help here.

Can be anything. Few weeks ago it was the fruit creations drink.

Since I started eating grenade bars stomach has been bit odd, and last couple says the aches. But stomach has been getting progressively more irritated. Only dawned on me today that it could be the bars. So will stop eating for couple days

Reactions: Peadair O Brionn

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Since I started eating grenade bars stomach has been bit odd, and last couple says the aches. But stomach has been getting progressively more irritated. Only dawned on me today that it could be the bars. So will stop eating for couple days

I imagine the Grenade bars will contain polyols? Not everyone has a great relationship with them. Some folks make friends with the loo when they make friends with polyols.

Maybe you could do with paring back on those a bit and see what transires?

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I imagine the Grenade bars will contain polyols? Not everyone has a great relationship with them. Some folks make friends with the loo when they make friends with polyols.

Maybe you could do with paring back on those a bit and see what transires?

That’s the plan.

Think it’s been accumulating as having one a day. Need to stop back to every so often.

Will be interesting to see if aches go as well. Hopefully should be back to normal by weekend

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Some of the ingredients may be affecting you - I know these kind of bars with sweeteners and artificial ingredients make me feel really lousy - I used to eat the odd Atkin bars when first diagnosed and it took me a while to connect the way I was feeling was always after a bit of one of the bars.

Bad stomach, aches and pains in my joints, sleepiness and a general flu like feeling I stopped eating them and it all went away.
Not saying it's this but it's worth looking at

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m pretty sure the Granade bars use maltitol. A lot of people have poor reactions digestively to this particular polyol, and bgl wise for some too. If stopping these bars doesn’t get rid of the feeling I’d get a check at the dr.

Unexplained stomach pain/lower back pain can have a large number of causes, including ovary issues. Appointments sometimes come in batches. If there’s a genuine cause for a check then it doesn’t much matter if the last one was last week or 5 yrs ago.