What was your lowest reading ever?

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lowest I've been when I've tested is 1.8. Although it could have been lower but I only checked the once. Demolished 2 packs of glucose tablets.

Happened from Lantus (basal) insulin acting like long lasting when it hits a blood vessel.
So basically the x amount of units I put for 24 hours, was released within half an hour or so.

D

Deleted Account

Libre reported a 0.7 once but I am pretty sure that was fake news.
Finger prick wise, I have got a "LO" because it is lower than my meter will record so I can't give a number.
This happened after a combination of exercise and miscounting carbs (probably because I was slightly hypo at the time).
In other words, as with every hypo I have ever had, it happened because I took too much insulin.

I treated it by switching off my pump, eating lots of GlucoTabs, waiting, testing and eating more GlucoTabs.

Reactions: Ally Pally

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Lowest I've been when I've tested is 1.8. Although it could have been lower but I only checked the once. Demolished 2 packs of glucose tablets.

Happened from Lantus (basal) insulin acting like long lasting when it hits a blood vessel.
So basically the x amount of units I put for 24 hours, was released within half an hour or so.
Same here, but I don't know how low I went as I passed out for about 2 hours. Luckily only after eating and drinking a lot of sweet stuff.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Libre reported a 0.7 once but I am pretty sure that was fake news.
Finger prick wise, I have got a "LO" because it is lower than my meter will record so I can't give a number.
This happened after a combination of exercise and miscounting carbs (probably because I was slightly hypo at the time).
In other words, as with every hypo I have ever had, it happened because I took too much insulin.

I treated it by switching off my pump, eating lots of GlucoTabs, waiting, testing and eating more GlucoTabs.

That's interesting. I thought the lowest the Libre read was 2.2, then it went to Lo. I know the Abbott reader/meter, when used as a meter works in the usual way.

I've had loads of 2.2s and Los on the Libre, but would wager most of them to be compression lows, and therefor not count.

D

Deleted Account

That's interesting. I thought the lowest the Libre read was 2.2, then it went to Lo.
It may have been a Glimp reading - I find the Libre Link app is not very accurate so use Glimp instead as it can calibrate with finger pricks ... but that does not mean it is always accurate.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It may have been a Glimp reading - I find the Libre Link app is not very accurate so use Glimp instead as it can calibrate with finger pricks ... but that does not mean it is always accurate.

Thanks for clarifying.

wd1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That's interesting. I thought the lowest the Libre read was 2.2, then it went to Lo. I know the Abbott reader/meter, when used as a meter works in the usual way.

I've had loads of 2.2s and Los on the Libre, but would wager most of them to be compression lows, and therefor not count.
Can you explain what a 'compression low' is please?

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I assume its when the libre has been compressed against something. i.e. when sleeping, so readings can be a bit out.

wd1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
OK thanks. I've not noticed that effect myself. The one that has caught me out with the Libre is erroneous high readings just after having taken a shower. The reading jumps up by at least 2 mmol and the arrow points vertically upwards like I've just eaten a handful of jelly babies. 10 minutes later the reading is back to where it was before the shower and the arrow is horizontal.

wd1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The lowest reading I've had is 1.6. This was during the night after evening exercise. Libre said LO so I ate 4 jelly babies and then immediately did a finger prick test and got the 1.6.
I do find that control after exercise is really difficult mainly because it is inconsistent. I assume that is because the intensity of the exercise varies such a lot. My clinician is proposing I go on a pump so I'm starting on the 'pump pathway'. It takes about 6 months I'm told.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
The lowest finger prick test I have had was 2.2 confirmed by second test and a bit of a mystery as to the why or how.but suspect has something to do the effects of prednisolone being somewhat erratic.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

As suggested, put simply, it's when the sensor is squidged overnight, by lying on it. In my case, the Los could also be from the sensor becoming over warm, under the duvet.

Reactions: wd1 and Ally Pally

lipilintu

I've been told that it goes LO at 1.7 I've had readings like 2,0 so I would suppose it goes lower than 2,2

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been told that it goes LO at 1.7 I've had readings like 2,0 so I would suppose it goes lower than 2,2

Thanks. I was going from memory, and I know the scanner and the meter can "read" to differing levels.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2.9 on a finger prick. Combination of being very hungry and a brisk walk. An immediate retest on another finger showed 3.2 so liver kicked in quickly.

RainbowBrite

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
1.9 2 nights ago whilst sitting in an accident and emergency department with my mum who was the patient. I managed to stumble to (and effectivley use) the vending machine and promptly scoffed a bag of haribo then skittles. Cause - my own stupidity of rushing mum to A&E and not making sure I had a means of feeding myself dinner