What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Gratope

Dislikes
Snobs, PC brigade ( Stupid rules and regs )
:roll: On waking I was 7.2 ( a bit high, is it that dawn thingy I wonder ) only 4.3 before breakfast. :roll:

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
morning all :D
Sue

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Fasting 6.4
@ 2 hours 7.0 this is not good for me, usual breakfast.

frenchkittie

Morning campers :)

6.1 at 6am this morning, couldn't sleep so got up and made a cup of tea. Back to bed afterwards, and then 9.7 at 8.30 when I finally got up!

Not very happy about that.

RussG

Morning all.

7.6 before my shower, 6.6 after it. Think I'll go with 6.6! (PS only checked twice as thought I should be lower than 7.6).

Numbers have been higher these past couple of weeks as I don't think I've got my levemir doses right yet. Still, could be worse.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Mon nite went to bed my blood was 7.6 morning reading was 4.7 same reading of 7.6 when i went to bed last nite this mornings was 10.4 i dont understand!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Morning everyone, mine is 10.3 thats normal for me... Anna.x

Incagirl

Dislikes
being unwell and fat
Hi
I have been on Victoza for 9 months now and the first 6 months my fasting bloods where around 8.2, the last three months they have jumped to 14.2 fasting and bed time bloods can be as high as 26.7 last night. I'm on a lower carb diet about 100 grams of carbs daily. My weight has gone up by 10 pounds the last 6 months. I'm also on Metformin S/R 2000mgs and started pioglitazone 45 mgs 6 months ago. I see my hospital doctor next week. The last 6 weeks have had pins and needles in feet and hands due to high bloods.

Any help you can give me as when I'm at the hospital I'm just treated like a number. Thanks Incagirl

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
5.1 at 08:00 - exactly the same as at 22:30 last night!

Incagirl, I'm sorry to hear of your problems but I'm afraid I can't help you, apart from suggesting you could drop your carbs a bit more. Do you see a diabetic consultant, rather than just your GP? If not, it might be a good idea to ask to be referred. What does your doctor say about these morning highs?

Viv 8)

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Sounds good Claire :) infections can make your BG's rise so getting your kidney infection sorted may help lower them too :)

INCAGIRL - It may be a good idea if you post you post as a new thread, this way more people may see it and those with knowledge and experience with your combination of meds are more likely to see it and give you some helpful advice :)

Pneu

Incagirl said:
Hi
I have been on Victoza for 9 months now and the first 6 months my fasting bloods where around 8.2, the last three months they have jumped to 14.2 fasting and bed time bloods can be as high as 26.7 last night. I'm on a lower carb diet about 100 grams of carbs daily. My weight has gone up by 10 pounds the last 6 months. I'm also on Metformin S/R 2000mgs and started pioglitazone 45 mgs 6 months ago. I see my hospital doctor next week. The last 6 weeks have had pins and needles in feet and hands due to high bloods.

Any help you can give me as when I'm at the hospital I'm just treated like a number. Thanks Incagirl

Firstly I don't mean to alarm but those are very high blood sugars to run consistently.

I take it from the medication that you have been diagnosed as type 2... however you have a reasonably low carbohydrate intake and you are on a reasonable amount of medication.. If you have had no other changes in lifestyle or diet I would question why your control is getting worse...

I would certainly in your position be trying to see a HCP before next week

adamathomason

Hello everybody I joined the forum today after learning so much from you guys and thought why have i not registered?!?!? I was 5.6 mmol/l i normally wake up at 5.2 but i went to the Gym last night so i had to have a bit of toast before a went to bed to prevent a hypo :)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Adam and welcome to the forum :) I'm glad you finally joined. You may have seen this already since you have been reading the forum but just to make sure, here is the basic information prepared by Sue and Ken, our friends the former monitors, for new members. I hope you find it useful.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17088#p155405

Pneu

adamathomason said:
Hello everybody I joined the forum today after learning so much from you guys and thought why have i not registered?!?!? I was 5.6 mmol/l i normally wake up at 5.2 but i went to the Gym last night so i had to have a bit of toast before a went to bed to prevent a hypo :)

Hey Adam good to see another diabetic Adam on the forum... great name that!

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Have a nice day everyone :)
This morning my fasting level was 6.3
and my 2 hours after breakfast was 6.4
That's better but strange as I upped my carbs slightly yesterday hoping I'd feel less tired. I'll see over a few days whether it works and what effect it has on my levels.
:)

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Morning all
5.3 this morning :D

Sue