Libre help

ChrisR-K

hi. I’m new here and to the Libre.

I attended the training on Tuesday and got my first patch. It’s already started to lift slightly which I wonder could be attributed to my arm hair, do any of you guys shave the area to get a good “fix”?

Also, as it’s lifting, I now worry as I shower daily, but more importantly, want to take my boys swimming tomorrow. Tapes were mentioned in the training, no names or specifics. Is there any recommendations on specific tapes to use to hold it in place?

Any help muchly appreciated. Thank you. Chris R-K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I always shave the area as per the instructions. I swab with the alcohol wipe also. It sticks like a limpet. In addition I wear a piece of tubular bandage over it to further secure it.

Reactions: porl69 and ChrisR-K

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
hi. I’m new here and to the Libre.

I attended the training on Tuesday and got my first patch. It’s already started to lift slightly which I wonder could be attributed to my arm hair, do any of you guys shave the area to get a good “fix”?

Any help muchly appreciated. Thank you. Chris R-K

My first sensor never made it full time.

If you shave the area it would ahere better. I borrowed wax from the missus and use opsite to cover it just helps it with clothes ect.

Since then never had a sensor drop off.

Reactions: ChrisR-K

ChrisR-K

My first sensor never made it full time.

If you shave the area it would ahere better. I borrowed wax from the missus and use opsite to cover it just helps it with clothes ect.

Since then never had a sensor drop off.
That’s great. Thanks Cobia, I’ll try opsite!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is another tip which I often give out due to the fact that in almost every photograph I have ever seen it has been applied to the side of the arm and not the back of the arm as per the instructions. Then there are complaints of it being removed by collision with a door post.

What I do is stand in front of a mirror and put my left hand on my head. If I point that elbow to the mirror I am looking at the back of my arm. That is when I apply it. I can then collide with door posts without knocking the sensor off.

https://i.vgy.me/enoGq0.png

Last edited:

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is another tip which I often give out due to the fact that in almost every photograph I have ever seen it has been applied to the side of the arm and not the back of the arm as per the instructions. Then there are complaints of it being removed by collision with a door post.

What I do is stand in front of a mirror and put my left hand on my head. If I point that elbow to the mirror I am looking at the back of my arm. That is when I apply it. I can then collide with door posts without knocking the sensor off.

https://i.vgy.me/enoGq0.png
Omg thats exactly how mine came off. Multiple collisions with door frame !!

Notorious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Regarding swimming, this always loosens mine. I would not swim or have a bath while wearing a Libre unless it's close the finishing. Other people may have suggestions about better sticking though. Also I've found when it gets sodden, results may be poor for a while until it dries.

N.b. I do shower with it on, I'm not filthy! :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I always use a skin tac wipe (Amazon: https://amzn.to/2sOdUK3 ) before sticking mine on, and I’ve started wearing it on my upper chest to avoid knocking it off. If it’s looking a little loose, I stick a bit of rock tape over the top, but I’ve not needed to do that since moving them from my arm.

Reactions: porl69

bobcurly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
We always used tegaderm without any problems although the dsn said rock tape is better

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Big Opsite fan here, with a square of lint covering the sensor. Leave it on full fortnight.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Inside of arm for me, not knocked one off in 16 months

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
For females, bra straps can also be lethal....:)

Lol, Ellie, Abbot should rewrite the user manual to say: doorjambs, anything with a corner on it, car seat belts, rucksacks, too tight jumpers, jackets, wetsuits, bra straps, tourists wearing backpacks who spin round too quickly..

I more and more look at what the doc (diabetes online community) is doing outside of the dcuk echo chamber. One of the most amusing tweets I found was someone reporting how a "norm" thought it funny to try to remove her "price tag", so she told him to "**** off before I break your fingers."

Reactions: alohanicky2009

ChrisR-K

Thanks everyone. I’ll see what I can get hold of locally (in the sticks) and go from there...it seems it’s too little too late though, I spun round in the car to give my son something and as I pulled my arm back, caught the underside on the back of the seat and ripped the Libre clean off...‍♀️

I’ll ring Abbot to get a replacement this morning. Can anyone tell me how long a replacement is likely to take? I’m a 20 minute drive from their offices, but I guess collection isn’t an option...

D

Deleted Account

One thing I have heard of to keep Libre in place when swimming is Vetrap. It can be reused too... and it is colourful.
Not tried it myself but it may be available in the sticks for your farmyard animals.