Looking to speak to someone with a Libre CGM

atul2000

Hi,

I have an interview with Abbott Diabetes and wanting to speak with a Freestyle Libre CGM. I am curious to know your experience with the product including the mobile app.

I would prefer someone who has used the product for a significant amount of time.

Many thanks!
Atul

[moderator edit of personal details.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
As far as i know there is no Abbott CGM reader or software for the Freestyle Libre. Its FGM only and without third party devices and sofware it cannot be a CGM as Abbott intended.

Julia99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I use them about once every 2 months. This last time I also used the mobile app, which i prefer to the reader Abbott supply as I feel it gives more detail.

I’ve had 1 fall off after 2 hours (Abbott replaced free of charge) and
1 fall off after 7 days ( also replaced free of charge. I’ve knocked 2 off, had 1 fall off after 13 days. Last time I added some extra tape as i was at the gym and pool quite a bit and I think this does reduce the life of the tape. Other times I’ve had to prize them off my arm.

I find them fairly reliable, good for showing spikes and trends. When I’ve compared them to a finger prick test they don’t seem to be far out, no more than any 2 different meters.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have an interview with Abbott Diabetes
Who are you having an interview with and what is the interview for? Are you interviewing them for a newpaper, is it a job interview, something else altogether?
I'm happy to answer your questions but only after you give us some more information.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Freestyle Libre is a flash glucose monitor, rather than a CGM, unless you add a third party transmitter to it, as I and many others have. I’ve been using it since January 2018, but am curious as to the background behind your request. Can you tell us some more? It’s quite personal information you’re asking for here.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I am curious to know your experience with the product including the mobile app.

Been using the Freestyle Libre for over a year and it has been a game changer. I haven't used the mobile app so much but have attached a Miaomiao which reads the NFC (Near Field Communication) signal every 5 minutes (I think it's five) and transmits a bluetooth signal for a mobile app to read, making it more like a CGM.

The second version of the sensors which has been promised but now long overdue will transmit a bluetooth signal making it possible to set alarms. Whether that will make it more like a CGM I don't know, I've not seen any more details.