2018/19 Football Season

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And we did just that mate. 1-1 draw a good end to our 2 year rein in the Premiership. Next stop the Championship in August.
Well done on managing to stay up. Hope you do well next season :)
So do I. Our performance wasn't exactly inspired, although Nathan Redmond's goal was a beauty. I meant to post a picture, to explain about the socks but didn't have enough signal, so here 'tis

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Newport County have nowhere to train before the League Two play-off final at Wembley on 25 May.

Well that might be good news for Tranny or FGR. If they cant train its not good.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Well..

Administration with MINIMUM 20 point deduction...

Three players formally handed in their notice..

Food bank set up for club staff..

You wonder where this will all end!

Reactions: Johnboy412

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What does everyone think of fans who run onto the pitch? @Lamont D ? ;)
I reckon they should be banned from all grounds in the country - particularly premiership ones :hilarious:
I know someone who was banned from his club for 2 seasons for simply putting one foot over the barrier. But I guess it's one rule for us and one for premiership refs on their day off. Would be good to see a lifetime ban though lol, it really would! :hilarious: ;)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It all depends on the situation and context of the encroachment!

If it can be contained and managed, at the end of the game, then it should be okay!

If it is one person trying to cause harm, then not and should be banned.

I've been at the receiving end of three in the last couple of weeks and to be fair they have been good natured and no damage done to players, officials, stewards, pitch or staff.

Somehow, I don't believe we will see one at wemberley!

Wemberley, wemberley, wemberley, hat trick!

Still can't believe it! (Wow!)

Reactions: Cumberland

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It all depends on the situation and context of the encroachment!

If it can be contained and managed, at the end of the game, then it should be okay!

If it is one person trying to cause harm, then not and should be banned.

I've been at the receiving end of three in the last couple of weeks and to be fair they have been good natured and no damage done to players, officials, stewards, pitch or staff.

Somehow, I don't believe we will see one at wemberley!

Wemberley, wemberley, wemberley, hat trick!

Still can't believe it! (Wow!)
Yeh I was just teasing you earlier, I agree at the end of the game and in the right context it's fine. :) (But only because the refereeing on Sunday at Burnley wasn't awful lol)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am very disillusioned with football right now. On the verge of just giving up watching it. Don't actually care about the Leeds result tonight. (I was typing this before the second half started, but we've had our 3rd power cut of the day so I couldn't finish the post, so now it looks like it's just sour grapes from me cos Leeds lost. lol)

I'm fed up with UEFA for holding a EUROPEAN final in ASIA. Why would you do that?
I'm fed up with Arsenal and Thos Cook Sport who are selling tickets and oversubscribing their flight on purpose, forcing fans to buy tickets that they may not be able to use.

I'm fed up with the standard and unfairness in refereeing at all levels. Sure most of the rules are open to interpretation, but they should be interpreted evenly and equally for both sides within a game. If a player from one side is sent off for what is only really a tangle of legs, then surely a player who elbows someone in the face should go too? Hey ho, as some of you say, the big clubs get all the decisions.

I have read Norwood's tweets after Monday's game and I hope they catch the thugs who assaulted players on the pitch on Monday and ban those thugs for life.

I'm quite sad that you guys on this thread all rushed to say you hoped Tranmere won. Why? Why should the big clubs have it all their way? They too have local folks who put money into the club, just like FGR. Dale Vince is no Russian oligarch, he's a local man who had nothing and worked to get where he is. I remember chatting to him in the school playground 20 years ago when we were collecting our children. He just happens to be richer that FGRs last owner. No-one seemed to complain when Trevor Horsley was the main owner. Why shouldn't there be new kids on the block?

I was going to write about South Shields V Warrington recently, South Shields biggest game ever in their bid for promotion to National League North, but then I realised that you all prefer the status quo and wouldn't welcome a match report from there.

Yeh I think I am fed up with football all round. Time for a rest methinks.

Signing out for a while. Let's face it, big club, little club, it's all just business and capitalism. They all just want our money and couldn't really give a **** about the fans, or indeed the football. It's just money.

Commiserations @Patrick66 I know you have a lot more to moan about than me.

I guess you can call me Mrs Angry today. :rolleyes::mad:

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
I am very disillusioned with football right now. On the verge of just giving up watching it. Don't actually care about the Leeds result tonight. (I was typing this before the second half started, but we've had our 3rd power cut of the day so I couldn't finish the post, so now it looks like it's just sour grapes from me cos Leeds lost. lol)

I'm fed up with UEFA for holding a EUROPEAN final in ASIA. Why would you do that?
I'm fed up with Arsenal and Thos Cook Sport who are selling tickets and oversubscribing their flight on purpose, forcing fans to buy tickets that they may not be able to use.

I'm fed up with the standard and unfairness in refereeing at all levels. Sure most of the rules are open to interpretation, but they should be interpreted evenly and equally for both sides within a game. If a player from one side is sent off for what is only really a tangle of legs, then surely a player who elbows someone in the face should go too? Hey ho, as some of you say, the big clubs get all the decisions.

I have read Norwood's tweets after Monday's game and I hope they catch the thugs who assaulted players on the pitch on Monday and ban those thugs for life.

I'm quite sad that you guys on this thread all rushed to say you hoped Tranmere won. Why? Why should the big clubs have it all their way? They too have local folks who put money into the club, just like FGR. Dale Vince is no Russian oligarch, he's a local man who had nothing and worked to get where he is. I remember chatting to him in the school playground 20 years ago when we were collecting our children. He just happens to be richer that FGRs last owner. No-one seemed to complain when Trevor Horsley was the main owner. Why shouldn't there be new kids on the block?

I was going to write about South Shields V Warrington recently, South Shields biggest game ever in their bid for promotion to National League North, but then I realised that you all prefer the status quo and wouldn't welcome a match report from there.

Signing out for a while. Let's face it, big club, little club, it's all just business and capitalism. They all just want our money and couldn't really give a **** about the fans, or indeed the football. It's just money.

I agree about refereeing. And as for finals in Asia that just comes down to money and greed.

I'm annoyed about footballers on £600K a week who would rather not play than change clubs because no other club would be stupid enough to pay them that.

I'm angry that the £600K, a single weeks wage..would have gone half way to saving my club from administration.

I'm angry that a lot of former players have come out saying how sad they are...but none of them have actually shown much interest in getting involved and doing anything to help out either financially or in other ways.

And I'm outraged that the situation has been allowed to fester by the EFL to the extent that people haven't been paid in two and a half months, debts are mounting, we only have six players still under contract, three have resigned, the manager doesn't know if he is staying or going and staff are relying on foodbanks to get by.

As a founder member of the football league we should be on the main BBC news highlighting the scandal..if we were Liverpool or Manchester Utd we would be the headline but we are Bolton and nobody gives a toss.

But most of all I am just tired of the stupid sums paid to and for players who really don't deserve it for kicking a ball about.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well..

Administration with MINIMUM 20 point deduction...

Three players formally handed in their notice..

Food bank set up for club staff..

You wonder where this will all end!

Cor blimey they have had it rough and how :( That's a bit drastic a food bank set up for the club staff.
You have my sympathies by the way mate.

Last edited:

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Yeah it was a blow Leeds losing. You were very unlucky indeed. Maybe next year you'll make the big time. In the meantime you got the West Yorkshire derby games to look forward to and Barnsley are back up so some money spinning games to come next season. Hopefully we Terriers can whop you home and away :D I can but dream eh but hopefully we will be a strong team up over the summer and who knows. UTT

I understand your frustration and anger over the European final being played in Asia. That makes no sense at all.

Reactions: Cumberland and zand