What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh well it was nice while it lasted (for a while 24 hours lol).
11.9 this morning.
5lbs lost in the last week though.

good on weight loss
patience, consistency for FBG levels! good luck

Blip22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Double speak
Hello, hmmm mine is 6mmol fasting this morning, I'm hardly eating. My skin/ lips are so salty again even though I had a shower last night around 11pm and drank lots of water. I have had an abscess for 8 months now, it's getting me down, what with double vision that seems really bad at the moment.

Blip22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Double speak
I was diagnosed in 2003, it was never specified which type, the diagnosis was diabetes with rebound hypoglycemia. My two hr value on OGTT was 15.5mmol I then went on to having a fitting hypo. Fasted for 3 days results in progressive hypoglycemia, it's a specific test for insuloma. Anyhow I have a range of about 29mmol- 1.9mmol and am not on insulin. On a normal diet eating 3 times a day I can do 15mmol - 2.1mmol 3 x a day. Hence low carb diet. Years later another consultant decided type 2? I am banned from driving obviously.

Reactions: millenium

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 5.0 this morning

quite a nice day today so we've been doing a bit in the garden ;) and I'm shortening a couple of pairs of trousers for mr. gee because we may have to go to a funeral later in the week.

Hope your day is treating you well :)