Type 1'stars R Us

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nope, the meat ones are as certain to leave you with a blistered mouth as the kaassouflé. Never buy a cheese kroket they're mostly flour on the inside, while the cheese soufflé's are heavenly!

I agree there's no discrimination regarding the heat of those things. Lol, I had a burn off the beef too. :D

It magical how they just appear in that glass wall. Like a David Blaine trick...

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Chocolate and strawberry for me on the Angel Delight front.

Why do I sense another raging debate on Angel Delight now about to brew? :cat:;):hilarious::wideyed:

Butterscotch please!

Reactions: Fairygodmother

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Who mentioned Angel's Delight?
That takes me back to my childhood when we had desserts every day of the week (and a home baked cake every week).

We hardly ever had a dessert but now and again there'd be Angel Delight, and there were always home made rock buns about, and once a week a proper "cut and come again" cake. I have my mum's recipe book (which she got from her mum) and I still make rock buns the way the family have always had them. It's a drawing together thing.

Reactions: hh1 and porl69

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One of the first meals I had at my now husbands house finished with an Angel Delight pudding. Made it myself for years. Whisked choc sponge, tin of pears in juice not syrup and cover with choc Angel Delight. Yum!

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One of the first meals I had at my now husbands house finished with an Angel Delight pudding. Made it myself for years. Whisked choc sponge, tin of pears in juice not syrup and cover with choc Angel Delight. Yum!
Yum!!! How tasty does that sound!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon guys, hope the Monday feeling has been a good one. I had a good day, a job to do this morning, then lunch in the garden in the glorious sunshine.
Here are some pics from the Transport show yesterday, we had a great time, great weather too, but with a bit more cloud.
The Purple car is for @Mel dCP
The Yellow car is for @Knikki ( look at the name on the side of car)
The police car is for anyone who steps out of line o_O:D
And my favourite car is the beautiful two tone Green one, with the Egyptian mascot on hood and the Art Deco look alike door handles, a classic and in a class of it own :joyful: :happy:
scv20190513_163552 (1).jpeg

scv20190513_163737.jpeg
Stingray
DSC_0380.JPG

DSC_0365.JPG
DSC_0364.JPG

scv20190513_163848.jpeg
A selfie with the beautiful Coco Chanel
DSC_0388.JPG
My favourite <3

I am putting a pic on the jokes/humour thread because it made me jump at first, but so funny lol

Last edited:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Butterscotch!
Used to make a big cake on Sunday for the family when the daughters were growing up and the first slice was cut after the weekend walk. I don’t think it ever lasted the whole week even though I always baked them in a loooong loaf tin. Pound cakes were the fave: caraway, lemon or ginger.

Reactions: Knikki

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening.

You know what? I'm going to get some Angel Delight this weekend and make some up :joyful:

Flavour? Well just have to wait and see what's on the shelf, however you lot know me by know, it will be chocolate :joyful::hilarious:

Hello @Mad76 welcome to the slightly nutter side of the forum.

Thanks for the car @Robinredbreast it looks good :happy:
Used to enjoy it when I was a kid but its got to be butterscotch!!! However I wonder if they do celery or peanut butter flavour :woot::woot:

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon guys, hope the Monday feeling has been a good one. I had a good day, a job to do this morning, then lunch in the garden in the glorious sunshine.
Here are some pics from the Transport show yesterday, we had a great time, great weather too, but with a bit more cloud.
The Purple car is for @Mel dCP
The Yellow car is for @Knikki ( look at the name on the side of car)
The police car is for anyone who steps out of line o_O:D
And my favourite car is the beautiful two tone Green one, with the Egyptian mascot on hood and the Art Deco look alike door handles, a classic and in a class of it own :joyful: :happy:
View attachment 32884
View attachment 32885 Stingray
View attachment 32886
View attachment 32887 View attachment 32888

View attachment 32889 A selfie with the beautiful Coco Chanel
View attachment 32890 My favourite <3

I am putting a pic on the jokes/humour thread because it made me jump at first, but so funny lol
@Robinredbreast glad you had a good day - I finally got my forms in to go partially retired in September so am looking forward to a 3 day week.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Who mentioned Angel's Delight?
That takes me back to my childhood when we had desserts every day of the week (and a home baked cake every week).
We had Angel's Delight most weeks - I guess it was easy to make, cheap and kept our calcium levels up with the milk (after Thatcher stole our school milk).
I don't think I've had it since I left home and I expect my taste has changed since. But, I didn't like chocolate or banana (fake banana is one of those things that tastes nothing like bananas); strawberry and butterscotch were good.

I have heard said that Angel's Delight makes good thick milkshakes but I have never tried it.
I mentioned Angel Delight. We didn't have it often as mum thought "it's muck" and preferred making her own rice pud, fruit pies and custard with Bird's custard powder. Heaven knows what she think of me standing over a pan making creme anglais

Reactions: Kim Possible

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just caught up here after a dreadful day, less said the better, thanks for all the good wishes.

Angel Delight - I remember a trifle with of course butterscotch AD (sorry @Knikki) poured over chopped up ginger cake mixed with tinned mandarin oranges with a little bit of whatever alcohol to zazz it up and topped with whipped cream. Totally synthetic but in those days, fab!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hugs for your rotten day @hh1

I’m off to bed, commuted to Hereford today, they had me teaching music hahahaha. In a Welsh school tomorrow (my Friday place) and back to Hereford on Wednesday - and a quilting show on Thursday.

Bloods a bit temperamental, right in the upper end of my range and being stubborn. And just to compound it I rebelled and had toast. Thought I’d dosed for it right, but I suspect I’m much more sensitive to carbs than I used to be (after all, it only takes two 3g dextrose tabs to sort a hypo) and I’m running at 8.1 now. Trying to resist the temptation to zap it with a massive rage bolus! Back to normal tomorrow, hopefully :)

Night, friends ❤️

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hugs for your rotten day @hh1

I’m off to bed, commuted to Hereford today, they had me teaching music hahahaha. In a Welsh school tomorrow (my Friday place) and back to Hereford on Wednesday - and a quilting show on Thursday.

Bloods a bit temperamental, right in the upper end of my range and being stubborn. And just to compound it I rebelled and had toast. Thought I’d dosed for it right, but I suspect I’m much more sensitive to carbs than I used to be (after all, it only takes two 3g dextrose tabs to sort a hypo) and I’m running at 8.1 now. Trying to resist the temptation to zap it with a massive rage bolus! Back to normal tomorrow, hopefully :)

Night, friends ❤️

Goodnight Mel and have a good day tomorrow :)