Bloating

The_Petal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had the full Whipple last year with everything out (gall bladder/spleen and Pancreas) last year and have just finished a six month course of Folfirinox which wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

My scans were Ok last week and go back in 3 months.

The problem is that I now have a grossly inflated stomach which looks like I have a basket ball inside my dress and seems larger than when when I was pregnant ! Any recommendations on how to get it down ~ I have just started taking diuretics as my feet are very swollen.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had the full Whipple last year with everything out (gall bladder/spleen and Pancreas) last year and have just finished a six month course of Folfirinox which wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

The problem is that I now have a grossly inflated stomach which looks like I have a basket ball inside my dress and seems larger than when when I was pregnant ! Any recommendations on how to get it down ~ I have just started taking diuretics as my feet are very swollen.

Oh dear, The_Petal, that sounds very uncomfortable. I have no suggestions for you, but I wanted to bump your thread up the lists a bit, for better visibility to folks coming home from work, who may have experience.

JohnH2019

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to read this.

Have you been checked for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) or yeast overgrowth (Candida)? If not, testing and tackling might be worth pursuing.

What type and amounts of pancreatic enzymes are you taking and when during the meals?

What type of diet are you following for food and beverage? What is your water quality like?

Reactions: Pamstrachan

nicky-52

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Oh how I feel for you! I had the same nearly four years ago and can’t get the professionals to take me seriously as they’d rather me be overweight due to my history. Diet doesn’t seem to make any difference and gradually the distension has affected my ability to exercise, exacerbating the problem. One GP told me I had IBS, and gave me Peptac . . . Obviously it wasn’t effective and I now look well past my due date! Are you now insulin dependent diabetic? I wonder if there’s a link. Would love to know if you manage to resolve this. All the best

Reactions: Pamstrachan

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

What I found to help is a diuretic taken everyday and more pain free walking and at my pace not anyone else's. Warm swimming pool stretches and under water movement as often as possible too. Less carbs but plenty of protein can change the water dynamics.
Drinking just water often rather than coffee or tea (or diet drinks with caffeine in).

If you only do water only drinking inbetween food and not with a meal it helped me enormously. I lost my waterbed like stomach.
I think unsalted veg or salad helped too. All full of natural water.
My IBS kicks off swellings but once rehydrated with minerals again it goes.

The_Petal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Still suffering with incredible bloating, the only thing stopping my stomach getting any larger is that my ribs are in the way, also feet and legs look like they should be on an elephant! it's all painful.
So looking for a cause, I have been on daily tinzaparin injections for the last year could they cause it?

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Still suffering with incredible bloating, the only thing stopping my stomach getting any larger is that my ribs are in the way, also feet and legs look like they should be on an elephant! it's all bloody painful.
So looking for a cause, I have been on daily tinzaparin injections for the last year could they cause it?
How much insulin do you need @The_Petal?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm suffering more with thrush than bloating, currently. So don't know if Dapagliflozin tablet which overwork my kidneys helps. What is tinzaparin for?

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I'm suffering more with thrush than bloating, currently. So don't know if Dapagliflozin tablet which overwork my kidneys helps. What is tinzaparin for?

Dapagluflizin side effects include thrush.

They also increase dehydration so that could be making you feel bloated.

I’m on it and I don’t really get that boated feeling anymore.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Dapagluflizin side effects include thrush.

They also increase dehydration so that could be making you feel bloated.

I’m on it and I don’t really get that boated feeling anymore.
I have less bloating on Dapagliflozin as my kidneys are encouraged to expel glucose filled urine; quicker. Glucosed urine is causing my unbearable thrush.
As a young child I suffered the same horrendous thrush. Worse in bed.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still suffering with incredible bloating, the only thing stopping my stomach getting any larger is that my ribs are in the way, also feet and legs look like they should be on an elephant! it's all painful.

Edited by Mod

The_Petal - It looks like you're on a blood thinner? If that is the case, you really do need to keep close to your medical team to try to get things balanced out a bit.

Please seek medical advice.