Type 1'stars R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Was preparing for bed and wondering what I'd need to eat to nudge my bg up a little when a neighbour shouted there was a lamb in the canal.
So back in bed now with nettle stings on my bum, thistle scratches on my arms, wet shoes, wet clothes, a hypo and feeling totally happy as I saved the sweetest 3 day old lamb from drowning after a search through a dark garden :)

mahola

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You should also be in awe of yerself. It's your kid! :)

She most certainly is mine, but I take no credit for the way she manages her diabetes. That's all her own doing. I have no involvement whatsoever bar ordering her prescriptions! For a 14 year old girl to be as responsible as she is, I think she's amazing.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Jaylee - a HUGE well done to your daughter. That's brilliant
fam21.gif

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Was preparing for bed and wondering what I'd need to eat to nudge my bg up a little when a neighbour shouted there was a lamb in the canal.
So back in bed now with nettle stings on my bum, thistle scratches on my arms, wet shoes, wet clothes, a hypo and feeling totally happy as I saved the sweetest 3 day old lamb from drowning after a search through a dark garden :)

@Antje77 - that is wonderful. Brilliant. I am smiling as I type this - have a great big hug!!
huge-hug-2.gif

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Morning, it's @mahola's daughter who is the star :)

I'd edit but that would make a total nonsense of your post. So chaps - put it down to posting before slurping coffee - always a big mistake!!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone, another glorious day, just right for travelling. Stopping overnight in Stanstead then flying to Gdansk tomorrow. First though a spot of coffee and then some ironing. A lovely 4.3 to start the day

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning guys, going to catch some of the sun's warm rays today :happy:
Happy Tuesday and have a great day :)

Reactions: hh1 and WuTwo

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Love the lamb rescue @Antje77, well worth a bit of nettle bum -only emoji I could find is a big sheep, but maybe a wet lamb seemed heavy enough to be a big sheep. Do you live in countryside?
A big shout out to @Mahola’s daughter too - definitely top banana!
Have a great time in Poland @SueJB.
Shame about the summerhouse, @helensaramay, and your mum’s really lucky having you to take her to hospital.
Hope you don’t fall down the T1 rabbit hole @Knikki
And hope the English the students speak to you won’t need a mod edit @Mel deCP!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Staying and working at my parent's house today so I can take my Mum to the hospital later.
The first (and big) hurdle was to log on to their wifi network. The next hurdle was to unravel the spaghetti under the desk to work out which plug I could replace with my laptop cable. I got the second one wrong and disconnected the wifi router.
Then I had to show my Mum how to answer a call on her mobile ... and then ow to hang up.
I am worn out with the fun of it all and have barely started work.

Diabetes? BG went a tad low last night. I am considering a new basal profile to cover a day of both climbing and spin. Or I could just use the spin one from 11:00 to 5:00, the climbing one from 5:00 to next morning but add a temporary basal to account for the additional drop over night.
I can't blame Patch for any of this. It is just me and my exercise.

@SueJB enjoy Poland. My only trip there was a short work one to Warsaw. I have been trying to convince himself to go to Krakow but the flights are too early so he won't consider it.

@Robinredbreast enjoy the sun. I can see it through the window. I was considering working in the summer house (aka shed with windows) but there's definitely no wifi there so I am stuck indoors.

@Knikki - stop cooking insulin. You may inject it but this is not Breaking Bad ;)

@WuTwo hope you have woken after your coffee

@Mel dCP be nice but firm to those students.,
@helensaramay sounds the same as under my desk. Flights to Poland are cheap but you have to pay to stay the night in a hotel. I lived in Poland for 9 years and love going back.. especially as Mr B can speak Polish

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, well ok it's just gone 12 - cycling to the car last night I was over taken by another cyclist in full gear - But as he went past me I noticed a Libre and miaomiao on his arm so I just had to catch him up and have a chat! tortoise and the hare scenario I caught him up at the lights! Pulled up along side him and said 'so whats your level like at the mo?', 'what?!' and I pointed to his arm, 'oh', and he pressed a button or 2 on his Garmin gadget on his bikes handle bar and said '3.5' I said 'thats a bit low' and he responded as the lights changed and cycled off 'I've had a few tabs so that should see me ok' - hare and tortoise to the next set of lights, 'Have you used this before' twitching his left arm 'well I've used the libre before but react to it' 'well they're suppose to be changing the adhesive aren't they?' 'yes' I said 'but probably with the v2', 'I won't need this (pointing to the miaomiao) then when it comes with bluetooth.....', lights change and we're off again 'all the best' as I peel off to the car park 'first time I've seen one in the wild!'

It's the little things in life!............

........talking of little, little @mahola is doing fantastically well - when is she going to join in and teach us old folk how it's done?!?!!

What ever you're up to - steady numbers everyone.