What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, hmmm mine is 6mmol fasting this morning, I'm hardly eating. My skin/ lips are so salty again even though I had a shower last night around 11pm and drank lots of water. I have had an abscess for 8 months now, it's getting me down, what with double vision that seems really bad at the moment.

Scary hope you get well soon

Reactions: gennepher

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I feel embarrassed to put mine :woot: fasting was 10.1 this morning and I’m just drinking bulletproof coffee so will test again in a couple of hours. I’ve been diagnosed for about 3 years and been in denial but now on 2nd day of low carb. Trouble is I’ll be disappointed if it doesn’t come down to normal levels after a week o_O

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@MissMuffett Well done for taking steps to control the T2. But don't be disappointed if you don't get immediate results. It can take time to 'empty the sugarbowl'. Stick with it and you will get better bgs.

Reactions: karen8967

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bless you thanks. I’ve abused my system for so long it will take a while I just have to keep my motivation going. My sister is type 2 on insulin and is now having problems with her eyes so that’s motivation as I don’t want to go down that route x

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bless you thanks. I’ve abused my system for so long it will take a while I just have to keep my motivation going. My sister is type 2 on insulin and is now having problems with her eyes so that’s motivation as I don’t want to go down that route x
My mother was T2 and had cataracts. She had to inject too which is another incentive for me as I have a severe needle phobia.

Reactions: Shas3

Viv19

My mother was T2 and had cataracts. She had to inject too which is another incentive for me as I have a severe needle phobia.

Me too. I can’t even look at people with piercings. . Couldn’t watch the children/dog/cat etc having injections, or even on tv. It’s not anything to do with pain, it’s needles piercing skin.

Reactions: toonlad66 and Shas3

Viv19

You’ve just taken the first step. Well done! It will take as long as it takes. Just keep going.
Mum went blind in her 80s. She was so angry because it made her dependent on others which she really hated. Definitely something to be avoided if possible.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Late on parade... The numbers on the screen this morning at 06:30 were 5.7
Just off to bed with a reading of 5.4

See you tomorrow for another thrilling instalment of the numbers game
Po