What was your bg reading last night and this morning?

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A testing solution is used to test the functioning of your glucose meter. You use a drop of it and test for the result and compare it to the values specified by your monitor manufacturer. These solutions should be very cheap, but like test strips can be rather expensive. I find that its far better to compare the results of lab tests by my Sick Fund or Insurance company. ie I take my monitor and test at the same time as the laboratory technician. So far the agreements in results have been excellent.
By the way I use the lancet for ages, even when they hurt a bit, strange behaviour i know as I have hundreds of new ones in my house.
Re results, I always record in my notes if I have started a new box of strips, once I even used to record its batch number, not anymore as it seems that my monitor has a pretty good record of performance. Hope this helps.

got it... thanks Pasha ...
i usually compare in home numbers with lab numbers which obviously is a few times a year... and have found them pretty consistent.... So.. i guess i won’t stress too much for now... same with Lancets... i think i have used some for weeks before changing...

have a great sunday

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last night 6.6 (119 mg / dl)

This morning 5.67 (102 mg / dl) .... That is my lowest ever fasting number since monitoring began late last year .....

Reactions: Prem51

Concordjan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not very good on computers!
Last night 4.6 this morning 7.1. Nearly 3 years low carbing and still get a morning liver dump!

Reactions: Shas3 and Prem51

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
18.8 when I went to bed
5.7 at 5.30 this morning

Must have been the roast dinner that made me high last night, as the and which and crisps I had for dinner surely wouldn't have caused that! **** those slow acting carbs that make me think I'm starting to understand all this malarkey!
Crumbs... what a difference.

Reactions: Shas3

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 @ 4:00 AM before DP kicked in... 6.2 by 6:30 before breakfast.... 6.9 last night...

Not unhappy... Am still unable to sleep soundly in early hours... which is causing early morning increases... i think some light exercise before bedtime or a hot shower? Or meditation ‍♀️.... Got to figure it out soon