Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Just catching up, joined friends at a live screened theatre night so we’ll-cultured (no agar jokes please).
Hi @Lynne C J
If you’d been wearing tights @porl69 then we’d have all expected you to be moonlighting as a jockey!
Going to bed now so night night sleep tight.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
First up? Good morning all.
Slowly reducing basal for sun time of year, too slowly. Carb munched, cat let out, hello day.

Reactions: karen8967

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning peeps, woke to a BG 2.8 at 6.15 which was nice. Felt Ok, so did a finger test 4.7, Bleedin Libre, it on its 2nd last day so figures always seem to run a wee bit low. Which at least makes my Libre graph look good.

Enjoy the sunshine Phew its gonna be a scorcher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, I awoke on a 3.8, very fuzzy head and dry mouth, yep diabetes is a pain in the ? suggestions on a postcard please ;)
Typing this with Pebbles cat resting on my arm, bless :cat:
Wishing you all a sunshiny day :happy:

Reactions: hh1

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
First up? Good morning all.
Slowly reducing basal for sun time of year, too slowly. Carb munched, cat let out, hello day.
Nah, I beat you to it :D

Just arrived at school after a lovely 60 mile drive on stunning roads in beautiful weather. HideousSmallDiesel actually handles quite well and goes like a train, so I’ll confess to quite liking it - although the lack of aircon isn’t ideal.

Thought I’d walloped the foot on the floor rise in time but got here to a 7.7, so obviously not. Spike predicts me at 6 in two hours with the IOB I have, so let’s see.

Wonder what I’ll be teaching today? Reception here is terrible because the school is a giant faraday cage, so I have an actual book for lunchtime entertainment.

Hope you all have a great day :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
What’re you going to read in the faraday cage Mel?
Hope you’ll be teaching something interesting.

Reactions: porl69

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning guys. Today the new fridge and mattress arrive. I am looking forward to emptying the existing fridge, washing it all and then sorting out what goes in which.

And we get to sleep on a nice new mattress tonight. Yay.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning guys. Today the new fridge and mattress arrive. I am looking forward to emptying the existing fridge, washing it all and then sorting out what goes in which.

And we get to sleep on a nice new mattress tonight. Yay.

Ooh exciting! Nothing like some new household goods to inspire some organising.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@becca59 that sounds a lovely way to spend the day :)

I joined patient on line today (well, I gave my ID docs to the surgery last week but got my login today). I've been trawling through the test results for the past 15 years. I'm amazed - so much gets tested every time they get their hands on me!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been out for a lovely walk before it really started to warm up. Paperwork to sort and hope to get some time to do some gardening today. Bg behaving for now.....

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning.............
Bloods are behaving a bit badly yesterday and this morning!!!! Having a roller coaster ride atm

@helensaramay glad to see that Patch is behaving and you 2 are getting along :)

Reactions: Kim Possible

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
morning guys, been insanely busy at work and it's not going to get any less :grumpy:

At least the BGs have been steady, 4.9 before breakfast, 4.9 now (3hrs after):happy:.

Reactions: Knikki

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Fridge sorted and running. Soooo much better. I'm so pleased.

Also, mattress arrived, is unpacked and on the bed. Bedding is drying and then we can get it on the bed.

I put the insulin in the fruit & veg fridge so I can make sure I use it oldest first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77 and porl69

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
"Mad dogs & Englishmen..."

Well as the apocalyptic summer seems to be warming up, I decided to get some survival provisions for the hound.
The plan is to travel soon & it's not just my insulin I need to look after...

A portable all in one dog water feeder for those trips out. & punt on this natty accessory...

What on earth does any of this have to do with diabetes...
Well?
It works on a similar principle to a Frio wallet.

image.jpeg

Just wet it, wring it, & you're good to go for 6 hours according to the container...