What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Great to see some new faces posting :)

mine was 5.6... nice to be back to normal after a few skewiff ones :)

Gratope

Dislikes
Snobs, PC brigade ( Stupid rules and regs )
:) 6.4 this morning, better than yesterday but I would like it a bit lower. ( I had a little pasta last night ) I know, I know, naughty. :oops: :oops:

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
4.9 at 08:00.

I wish I thought it was due to me - the Nortryptiline I'm taking can either raise or lower BG in diabetics. In my case it seems to be lowering it - should look good on my next HbA1c :D

I hope it's not raising it! :shock: :lol:

Viv 8)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi everyone, was up higher this morn 11.4 :shock: but am bit stressed got a house veiw tomorrow and its on my mind plus been cleaning / clearing house up n out . Anna.x :)

NewdestinyX

5.9 for me today.. FINALLY back in the 5's (barely).. That infection REALLY messed with me.. But now that I'm off the Lantus -- my DP clearly affect my AM numbers. Even with only 5 units of Lantus it would get my fasting down to 4.8-5.2. But my pre lunch and pre dinner numbers ARE 4.8-5.2 - so no more Lantus for me. This last plateau down in weight loss post my gall bladder surgery (116kg - 109kg [I started at 137kg 2 yrs ago]) all from the belly area must have really allowed my pancreas to start helping more. My numbers all day are still between 5.0-7.7mmoL so I am ONE HAPPY CAMPER.. It's just am is one of the higher ones.. Uggh...

I'm gonna need to reread all those 'help your Dawn Phenomenon type threads for people who don't use insulin'. I would suppose you guys have discussed that a few times here? As my sig shows -- I still use a little Novalog (rapid acting insulin/bolus) for a meal where my carb count is a little higher. But I never use more than 2 units and never spike above 8mmoL. I of course always exercise an hour after my 'carbiest' meals too - to be using the energy from the carbs when they're available in the blood and so they don't get stored as fat.

Good morning all!

ebony321

Dislikes
anna29 said:
Hi everyone, was up higher this morn 11.4 :shock: but am bit stressed got a house veiw tomorrow and its on my mind plus been cleaning / clearing house up n out . Anna.x :)

Good luck with your house viewing Anna :)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks ebony, it is our 1st veiwing too. We are leaving it all to 'fate' if its meant to be it will happen.... We are hoping to move to a bungalow. Wonder what that'll do to BS levels then! Moving is supposed to be stressful isnt it? :? been 23yrs since we last did this... Anna.x

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
Khaleb 10.2 this AM. In his range so I'm happy enough. He's been a bit high overnight lately but think it is due to the cold he's got rather than food or under dosing insulin.

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Morning all,
4.9 this morning, have a good weekend all :D
Sue

RussG

Morning everyone. Hope the weather's as nice for you as it is by me.

A much better 5.3 for me this morning, having gone to bed at 6.0, 2 hrs after eating. Played racquetball yesterday lunchtime, which always helps me for a couple of days - nearly as long as it takes to recover from being thrashed!

Have a good day all.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Nice sunny morning :)
6.0 fasting
7.1 @ 2 hours
Could do better as my school reports used to say :wink:

Dragonflye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good morning all!!! Finally come round from my 1.4 this morning :?
At least it's a nice sunny day :D

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning 9.5 today, be glad when its 3pm and house veiwing over with! Gorgeous day here too.

ebony321

Dislikes
anna29 said:
Thanks ebony, it is our 1st veiwing too. We are leaving it all to 'fate' if its meant to be it will happen.... We are hoping to move to a bungalow. Wonder what that'll do to BS levels then! Moving is supposed to be stressful isnt it? :? been 23yrs since we last did this... Anna.x

Yeah moving can be stressful and effect BG's. Also be weary of that when you are packing and shifting things aroung exercise can either lower or raise your BG's. so keep an eye on your BG's closely throughout you moving and i'm sure you'll be fine and only have to worry about where to put everything and decorating if need be! :)

On another note, my BG this morning was 5.5 :)

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Morning all!

5.3 at 08:30 this morning. Having a lazy day before preparing a lecture all weekend. Well it's going to rain anyway, both days!

Viv 8)