Freestyle Libre

Shaners

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Is anybody else having problems with the libre meter? I just can’t get mine working properly it will only scan every now and again most times it just won’t scan...? Only sometimes it works, also is it normal for it to hurt from time to time?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What are you using to scan the sensor, the reader that comes from the Freestyle people or your smartphone?
If its the Libre reader then call Abbott and report it as a problem,
If its your phone - is it in a case? if so the case may be blocking some of the signal, also I know some phones scan far better than others - initially mine was very picky about scanning but after some update or another on the phone it got a lot better.

It shouldn't hurt when you wear it (obviously it stings when you apply it and may sting for a little), I had one recently that was hurting so I got it replaced as it was very irritating if nothing else (only had 2 like that in about 2 years) - most of the time I don't feel it at all. Obviously if you bash it on something (like walking into a door) it will probably sting a little :)

D

Deleted Account

Is your problem that you get an error when you read your sensor or that you don't get anything?
If it is an error, I agree with @Knikki to contact Abbot.

If you get nothing it may be that you have not correctly positioned the reader.
I find my Libre is very sensitive to the position of the reader be it the official Libre Reader or my phone. I think the NFC is very directional so the reader has to be directly over the sensor.
With my phone, I have learnt where the NFC reader is (near the camera). So, I put my finger over the camera and touch the sensor with the back of my finger and it works every time.

As for pain - no no no. That doesn't sound good.
If you mean you can feel it sometimes (probably when you move your arm in a certain way), that is not unusual.

Stephen Lewis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrites, liars, donald trump (no capitals for emphasis)
'No pain, no gain' does not apply. May sting a little at insertion but should stop quickly. I don't use a phone but have never had a problem with the sensors or the reader except that sometimes at night the sensor may stop sensing for an hour or so. I think this is due to the wiring in the electric throw that I use to keep my feet warm.

agwagw

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Agree with the other postings. My phone has to be directly above the sensor - often get 'scan errors' with it. The Abbott reader is much more resilient. Sometimes get a message saying try again in 10 mins - usually it's working again after 5. I've had a couple of failed sensors (in three years) - the message on the reader was that the sensor had failed and to replace.

Are you applying the sensor to the floppy bit at the back of the upper arm? (well, its floppy there on me :)) Never had any pain except when removing the spent sensor - just to have to give a good tug, easing it off doesn't help for me.

Shaners

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys sorry for the late reply, thankyou all for the messages it all helps greatly! I scan with the meter and have contacted abbot and they are sending me a new one out, and was getting 1 scan after like 12 times trying so must be a dogey sensor? Again Thankyou everyone!

Reactions: Kim Possible