holy sugar

kevkave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
woke up to BS at 6.9 took my gliacizde went golfing .test before lunch 12.6 .where did that spike come from ??

D

Deleted Account

woke up to BS at 6.9 took my gliacizde went golfing .test before lunch 12.6 .where did that spike come from ??
There are many things which can affect our BG.
For example, stop start exercise (such as golf) causes our liver to release glucose to give us energy but we may not exercise long enough to make the insulin more efficient.
Or, if you were having a frustrating game, you may be stressed ... and our body releases glucose to manage stress.
Or, your body may be fighting early signals of illness ... and releasing glucose to handle it
Or, you may be suffering from hayfever on the golfcourse (I think I heard that pollen levels are high at the moment) and your body reacts to release glucose to fight it.
Or, you may have had something sticky on your golfing gloves from the last time you played and this was on the finger you used to test.
Or, ...

Edited to add - I can't think of anything religious that may have caused the holy sugar rise :)

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
. . . . . gliacizde went golfing .test before lunch 12.6

Even with all the suggested causes of BG increasing, it seems a lot. Also, my experience of taking gliclazide in the past is that it was very good at doing what it says on the box. It makes the pancreas produce more insulin and therefore reduces BG. If I didn't eat enough carb, I would hypo.

kevkave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
had small carb for dinner ..2 hour after it was 9.0 then before bed it was 5.5