hba1c down to 33. Thanks Keto!

TheFloppyOne

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Around may last year I was suffering from the onset of Pre-Diabetes. My blood glucose levels where as high as 9.8 and I had constant anxiety, dizziness and so much stress. Around September I switched to a Healthy Ketosis diet plan championed by Dr Berg and Dr David Unwin. Between September to March I lost 6 stone in weight and my blood glucose went as low to 4.5.

Today I just got my latest hba1c and it has gone down from 41 to 33! I am the leanest I have ever been for 10 years.

I am surprised that my weight has remained static since March and that my hba1c has gone down considering the fact that I haven't been active and I have been consuming a lot of Keto junk food like cheese, cream, peanut butter, yogurt and almond milk.

Last week I decided to get back in shape and start the whole fast again. Eating once a day with no extra fats, just fat that is naturally combined with meat and am also consuming a good amount of leafy vegetables. The weight loss has started again with 2lbs each day.

Its a question of will power but I am ready to make some big losses again coupled with plenty of exercise.

My new aim is to get my hba1c as close to 22 as possible.

If your type2/pre I recommend the Healthy Ketosis diet. Its a life changer. You can do it!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Great effort and great determination - well done.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why? Not sure that's even possible...
Great results and humungous weight loss but I think your target is a bit optimistic to say the least.
That equates to an average blood glucose level of 4.1 mmol/l

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi wanted to say well done so far but also query your target at 22 - is that possible? Eating, even keto, is bound to raise your bgs a bit at timesand hbaca1s record all the ups and downs. You’re doing amazingly well and an aim to reduce into your highish 20s I’m sure is achievable but not convinced you need to be worried about getting right down to 22 - the starting point for normal. Do we know anyone on here btw who has ever hit that level of 22 on the forum?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great results and humungous weight loss but I think your target is a bit optimistic to say the least.
OK to correct myself @britishpub does have a reported HbA1c of 22 mmol/m so ... I take it back.

Last edited:
M

Member496333

Around may last year I was suffering from the onset of Pre-Diabetes. My blood glucose levels where as high as 9.8 and I had constant anxiety, dizziness and so much stress. Around September I switched to a Healthy Ketosis diet plan championed by Dr Berg and Dr David Unwin. Between September to March I lost 6 stone in weight and my blood glucose went as low to 4.5.

Today I just got my latest hba1c and it has gone down from 41 to 33! I am the leanest I have ever been for 10 years.

I am surprised that my weight has remained static since March and that my hba1c has gone down considering the fact that I haven't been active and I have been consuming a lot of Keto junk food like cheese, cream, peanut butter, yogurt and almond milk.

Last week I decided to get back in shape and start the whole fast again. Eating once a day with no extra fats, just fat that is naturally combined with meat and am also consuming a good amount of leafy vegetables. The weight loss has started again with 2lbs each day.

Its a question of will power but I am ready to make some big losses again coupled with plenty of exercise.

If your type2/pre I recommend the Healthy Ketosis diet. Its a life changer. You can do it!

Bravo! :smug:

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine's 22 (4.2%) and I'm type 1.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK to correct myself @britishpub does have a reported HbA1c of 22 mmol/m so ... I take it back.

That was time the nurse told me it was "too low".

I have been trying since then to "gently" get it back into the low 30's, but I'm not prepared to go to any length to get there.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That was time the nurse told me it was "too low".

I have been trying since then to "gently" get it back into the low 30's, but I'm not prepared to go to any length to get there.
Did they say why it was "too low"? Or were they simply stunned..

Reactions: Rthmhlds

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did they say why it was "too low"?

No, she did do something with my feet (which tickled) and then said that maybe we should reduce your Metformin. I then told her that I hadn't filled the prescription or taken any for nine months, and she told me off for not asking "permission" first.

I was "ordered" to have another test 3 months later, which I did, but got no feedback at all.

I think most HCPs struggle to comprehend the possibility that people can control their own health outcomes, and consider those who do take control of their T2D as outliers, rather than that they should be the norm, and would be if their advice and treatment was altered.

Reactions: Guzzler

drow

Happy out
Got my results today my hba1c is down to 46 from 49 6 months ago and down from 57 in a year so progress been made
My diabetic nurse told me I’m below type 2 as 48 is range for type 2

TheFloppyOne

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Would you agree that I need to get my hba1c below 32 to get out of the pre-diabetic window? I had this measure around a time when I was eating Keto-Junk food.

I've now gone back to the standard meat and leafy greens and my fasting blood glucose is around 4.3 when I wake up in the morning. Latest weight is 18 stone 10 lbs.