Carb flu...

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

3rd day in doing low carb and I feel like ****!! How can I get through this? Really don't want to give up! I probably haven't eaten enough fats today, I don't know. Just had some more cheese but I'm feeling sicky

Edited by mod for poorly disguised profanity.

Last edited by a moderator:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Salt.
Carb flu is almost aways down to not enough salt. stick a pinch in your tea or coffee.
Or try dissolving some under your tongue.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Yup.... salt!

Reactions: jpscloud
D

Deleted member 83869

Don't really drink tea or coffee... Guess il be dissolving some under my tongue... Although I've got gammon for dinner - salty enough?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't really drink tea or coffee... Guess il be dissolving some under my tongue... Although I've got gammon for dinner - salty enough?
Probably not.. small bits over the day would be more useful. Dissolve in some water or whatever you do drink?

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love the taste of salt so just wet, dip and crunch.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Totally agree with the extra salts. I feel rubbish if they get low.

Are you hungry? To me this feels very similar to nausea. If so then maybe add fats

Or do you feel stuffed? And have you suddenly and dramatically increased the fats? For some people that can cause nausea. If you’re not hungry try dialling it back a bit and then if you need them for satiety or weight maintenance add them back more slowly and spread well across the day.

TheFloppyOne

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you don't mind nuts I recommend blending a few Brazil nuts, a teaspoon of Rock Salt, half teaspoon of Lemon juice some Cacao together. This should be used as your pain killer.

Brazil nuts are packed with selenium which will help you sleep.
Rock Salt will help you keep your electrolyte level up.
Lemon juice will help you burn fat and has little carb (don't over do it through else your get acid reflux).
Cacao (Not Cocao) will increase your blood flow, lower blood pressure and gives a nice chocolatey taste.

If your feeling lazy I recommend getting some Alpro Roasted unsweetened Almond Milk or some ASDA unsweetened Almond Milk. All the other brands have Maltodextrin in which you need to avoid like the plague.

I also recommend you follow Bulkbikers advice. He is a diabetes.co.uk veteran and knows his stuff.