urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
When at work you use the dregs of your coffee to prime your insulin pen and then on the way to the kitchen to wash your cup some time later you've forgotten what you did and take a sip of the insulin infused cold coffee - YUKS!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Okay, I will put my thinking cap on :)
I googled Robin Red BEAST. Probably shouldn’t have, tbh.

6E018AB4-A9CA-4F29-883B-537A4B977868.jpeg

Reactions: urbanracer

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Knikki ‘s change of avatar may be step to far for me. I can’t cope with all this change. I don’t know you guys anymore!

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ooooh its been a strange old day today. After, I disconnected my pump last night I took my split dose Levermir and BG rose all night eventually at 7 am when I got up to BG 15.8

Took a correction dose of Novorapid and my morning dose of Levemir and only ad eggs for brekkie, no carbs. So of course my BG will go down. Eh no it did not went up slightly but after 4 hours still at BG 12.3. Took another correction dose, no carbs again and it did drop to BG 11.1. Had lunch of chicken, no carbs, and BG did start to go down very slowly but only to BG 10.1.

So another correction dose and finally now at BG 7.7. So I have had no carbs today apart from some milk in coffee, numerous correction doses.

Even dinner tonight has been virtually carb free, 2 pork chops and mushrooms, onion and green pepper

Maybe tomorrow with the Levermir on board for a full day will be better

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I will retire when my State Pension kicks in. I am already part time - I do three half days and one full day each week. Have to say it's worth every penny of the reduced income. When I do retire, the two of us will have sufficient in pension contributions (work and state) to mean that although we'll have less money than we do now, we'll be able to cope. Thankfully we don't smoke, or drink (we are each on assorted meds that rule it out) and veganism (if you cook from basic ingredients) is one of life's cheap options.

Like @Robinredbreast says though, I plan on enjoying the time until then and not just wishing it gone.
Hubby gets his state pension in 3 years hence the timescale that I’m working to - between us we’ll have enough to manage and we’re also saving what we can as a reserve if needs be. Like you we don’t smoke or drink due to meds etc and he’s not in the best of health so we’re going to enjoy it whilst we can.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Off to my yearly Coeliac hospital appointment very soon. I am so tired, so want to get the bus but I should walk there and back, it's good exercise.
Maybe it's the colder weather...............

I did walk there and back. Appointment went well, though my Vitamin D levels are down from 68 to 42, then next year it will be a blood test, a questionnaire and a phone call, instead of a face to dace appointment.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Warning.... changed my avatar to a more bad ask bird, RRB will be back next month, or sooner ( even I'm a bit :nailbiting: of it )
Put fat balls out for that in the morning and it’ll have your arm off.;););)

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator: