Type 1'stars R Us

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Jeesh, I'm getting really disorientated by all these changing avatars!

Tin-foil hat wearers might think it's a conspiracy by big pharma to make me test more to see if I'm hypo...

Am off to the T1dROM event in Edinburgh early doors tomorrow - should be fun, a nice mix of T1s who've been at the leading edge of making artificial pancreases, and senior docs who have been very proactive in listening to and learning from them.

Reminds me of that quote by a doc who said, "T1 is the ultimate self--treated condition."

#wearenotwaiting , but also #makesureIdontgettoopishedtonightsoIremembertoturnup

Reactions: Robinredbreast

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Scott-C . Sounds like an interesting day ahead. Let us know how it goes. Guess you’ll be even more tech’d up this time tomorrow.
#dontgettoopishedbeforethebigeventdotcom

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Its Eurovision tomorrow night, so get some booze, vol-u-vont snacks, party hats, dips etc and come round ours for a full on camp it up virtual Euro Party

2vjyja8.jpg
Wonder how many points we’ll get - probably end up with -10 since we’ve really upset Europe this time!!!

Reactions: jackthejoker
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Its Eurovision tomorrow night, so get some booze, vol-u-vont snacks, party hats, dips etc and come round ours for a full on camp it up virtual Euro Party

2vjyja8.jpg

Well, as you said party, I was invited to an Eurovision party on the West coast of Ireland, but not going. But I will be watching the footie tomorrow afternoon and then a bit of Eurovision else where, and jolly well looking forward to it :)

BTW is that you and @porl69 ;):p ?

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Wonder how many points we’ll get - probably end up with -10 since we’ve really upset Europe this time!!!

10, that's rather generous of you Daphne :hilarious:
I say bring back Boom bang a bang, Puppet on a string, Bucks Fizz and Katrina and the Waves :D

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@Scott-C . Sounds like an interesting day ahead. Let us know how it goes. Guess you’ll be even more tech’d up this time tomorrow.
#dontgettoopishedbeforethebigeventdotcom

Yeah, it looks like it, program is below.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be streamed and twitted etc.

Some heavy hitters: Partha Kar, our very own Tim Street, the head of ABCD Dr Emma Wilmot, and all the way from America, Dana Lewis, and Drs Debbie Wake and Fraser Gibb from my home town who've played a major part in showing libre makes a difference.

It's just a shame that, after a few beautiful days of glorious sun, it's now clouded over here!

I'll teach these folks how to carb-count haggis!

D5jz0S1WsAA8OGc.jpeg

Reactions: Knikki

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I’ve just been modded.......again.
Apologies for my veiled profanity that has caused offence.
:lock::link:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I woke up to a surprising but happy 5.8!

Gonna sit and chill while I gird my loins (how exactly does one gird a loin and why are they always plural?) in readiness to empty the kitchen cupboard that has the main "in use every day" stuff in it. We want to empty it, scrub out the cupboard and put back just the things that we actually do use, and not the things we always meant to use one day but didn't .....

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Knikki - love the new avvie! I'd trade Bagpuss in for a new one but he's so cuddly!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@Robinredbreast - Good grief! That's a very interesting avvie - that bird could frighten my old headmistress! (And she was a mighty warrior in the cause of righteousness - sadly, she defined what was righteous and what wasn't .....)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning.
Up at a 5.6. 4 Novorapid to stop feet on the floor and a pre bolus for the Full English I’m now going to devour.
Another 4 Novorapid once we get to the cafe in the next town. Hopefully will stay below 10 for the rest of the day.
Have a good even if slightly damp day.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Robinredbreast - Good grief! That's a very interesting avvie - that bird could frighten my old headmistress! (And she was a mighty warrior in the cause of righteousness - sadly, she defined what was righteous and what wasn't .....)

I was going for something that was the exact opposite to my cute little Robinredbreast, I certainly found it didn't I :nailbiting: :D
Morning @WuTwo :)

Reactions: Knikki and porl69