help

Craigwer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 25 years old and im type 1 diabetes i was recently a victim of knife crime
some weeks later i constantly feel cold and shiver and i get the shanks which are 24/7 and make it hard to sleep

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
some weeks later i constantly feel cold and shiver and i get the shanks which are 24/7 and make it hard to sleep
Think that has relatively little to do with the T1, and more with post traumatic stress disorder. (Been there, done that. Not from a knife related incident though). Try and get help for that, because this is something you shouldn't have to face alone.

*HUGS*
Jo

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

Sad to read of your recent ordeal but first thoughts are that it's unlikely to be related to diabetes although I'm no doctor and I could be wrong.

Any chance it could be a symptom of post traumatic stress? How are you feeling mentally and emotionally since the event?

Please consider seeking professional medical advice.

Last edited:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Craigwer given that you are not mentioning anything strange happening with your numbers I’m in agreement with @JoKalsbeek - see your doc and ask for support.
How you recover from this shocking event soon.

Craigwer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sad to read of your recent ordeal but first thoughts are that it's unlikely to be related to diabetes although I'm no doctor and I could be wrong.

Any chance it could be a symptom of post traumatic stress? How are you failing mentally and emotionally since the event?

Please consider seeking professional medical advice.
i already stuff with anxiety and depression i try to keep going out hopefully i can get a doctors appointment today

Adm_Mad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Diabetes may be exacerbating it but this seems more like a PTSD response IMHO.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Craigwer,
Sorry to hear of your ordeal. That really sucks, to have such a thing happen to you.
As some have suggested stress can put up one's BSLs, but maybe with a recent diagnosis your pancreas gland is still producing enough insulin to keep levels even.
Certainly seeing your GP or a psychologist/ psychiatrist is a good idea.
PTSD is a complicated condition I gather and only a psychologist or psychiatrist is fully qualified to diagnose it.
Your symptoms are real and yiu deserve all necessary help.
Best Wishes for a steady recovery.