Time for change

Paul Varney

February 8th 2019
A1c level 81mmol

May 15th 2019
A1c level 39mmol

Not wanting to believe that I was going to get diabetes. When I was told in February and given tablets etc and told this was the way things were going to be - I was shocked.
Since not really good at being told what to do - had to change a few things.
After a few hours on U tube I found Dr Fung - his explanation of how things actually work was very impressive.
So all you have to do is reduce carbs
That’s ALL
Not easy I will tell you
Made me go from 140kg to 127kg - what a side effect.
After a week of feeling I was about to die and loosing the will to live - I battled on
After that week - I started to realise that I was not as tired - stopped falling asleep all the time - actually started walking the dogs this became very easy over a few weeks - it was a miracle
Had several opinions at the doctors surgery - luckily the doctor said - it’s possible - that was a big help - some of the others have said it’s not possible.
Have realised that after getting the A1C levels down that I was actually going in the right direction - the the other reality hit me - that actually this may have been the easy bit - as I have to keep this going for the rest of my life - The way I am feeling is a 100% better than I have for a long time.
Hopefully this story can give hope for others - we are all different and circumstances etc - but good luck to everyone else on this journey.
I have found looking at this forum very inspirational and lots of information- I will be implementing some of the ideas going forward.
Thanks for taking the time to read this - sorry if it’s a little boring

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done on the weight loss and the reduction in HbA1c! Keep up the good work!
Oh and BTW not a boring read at all!

Reactions: Paul Varney

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
sorry if it’s a little boring
emoji106.png
Success stories are never boring. Well done for taking control and may you have much future success too.

M

Member496333

Hi Paul. That is very far from a boring story. It’s inspirational. Sharing our experiences is important. If no one did so then we’d have tumbleweed blowing through the forums and have a lot more people in the world with uncontrolled diabetes.

Keep up the good work and welcome to the community. You’ll fit right in.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another brick in the wall - or on the road towards acceptance that medical opinion is wrong about diabetes and diabetics.
If we were the type of people we are told we are, no one would reverse diabetes by their own efforts.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Not boring in the slightest - great post and well done :)

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Always good to read such an inspirational post, I just wish more HCP's would come on board, then many T2s could follow your example!
Well done!