Meaty May - for those with carnivorous tendencies

M

Member496333

My goodness. Raw liver is...erm...raw. Very bloody and tastes of metal. I like it, but I’m absolutely certain that the majority would not.

Feel ten years younger already :D

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My goodness. Raw liver is...erm...raw. Very bloody and tastes of metal. I like it, but I’m absolutely certain that the majority would not.

Would/could you cut it with steak tartare?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Trip to butchers tomorrow.. sounds like something new may be on the menu..!

Reactions: Member496333
M

Member496333

Trip to butchers tomorrow.. sounds like something new may be on the menu..!

It’s an acquired taste, shall we say. Mostly I enjoyed it because I could feel myself getting younger with each bite. You know when you eat something and you can just tell that it’s going to make you immortal...it tastes like that. Yummy blood, full of goodness. I’ll probably wake up tomorrow with long blonde hair, wearing a horned helmet. Or something.

Reactions: bulkbiker

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s an acquired taste, shall we say. Mostly I enjoyed it because I could feel myself getting younger with each bite. You know when you eat something and you can just tell that it’s going to make you immortal...it tastes like that. Yummy blood, full of goodness. I’ll probably wake up tomorrow with long blonde hair, wearing a horned helmet. Or something.
Sounds like fun.. I'll let you know on Wednesday...

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Selfie or it didn’t happen.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Surely the outside surfaces of meat has bacteria which is killed by cooking - eating raw meat seems foolhardy.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Tonight’s dinner - oxtail. Yum. Having gone a bit astray, 2 days back on full carnivore/OMAD = 0.8kg down.

View attachment 33016
Snap, we had that yesterday (never enough), we must keep this quiet as the price will go up, what a meat.

M

Member496333

Surely the outside surfaces of meat has bacteria which is killed by cooking - eating raw meat seems foolhardy.

This has crossed my mind but honestly I’m doubtful that I need to be concerned so long as the meat is fresh. Everything is covered in bacteria anyway, including me.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Snap, we had that yesterday (never enough), we must keep this quiet as the price will go up, what a meat.

I’m addicted. Had never eaten it until about 5 or 6 weeks ago. Boy have I missed out! Had the butcher chop up an entire tail on Saturday so plenty more in stock.

D

Deleted member 308541

It seems that there are few ox tail devotees here, here's a couple of tails we had a few years back put in the slow cooker with a heap of veggies.

aV8zwvD.jpg

Reactions: Goonergal

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It seems that there are few ox tail devotees here, here's a couple of tails we had a few years back put in the slow cooker with a heap of veggies.

aV8zwvD.jpg
Ok, it is good to share, I suppose. I am from a West Indian back ground so my Mum cooked this at least once every two weeks, usually curried.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What I don’t get is why oxtail is now so expensive, it used to be thrown away or used for dog food and it can’t be all that popular in the mainstream.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m a liver and kidney gal too, especially since my folate and b12 tested low, despite a carnivorous way of eating.

Probably a pack of liver a week, usually made into pate, stir fried a la Bulkbiker, or as Offal Soup.
Love it.

Never raw. Doesn’t appeal. But I would never rule it out.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
What I don’t get is why oxtail is now so expensive, it used to be thrown away or used for dog food and it can’t be all that popular in the mainstream.
Very popular in the West Indian and Indian communities in the UK, along with goat and cow foot (not sure this will become mainstream), but curry goat is another matter entirely.

Reactions: jjraak