What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Hello everyone!! Has anyone heard of keto vegetarian? I was thinking about trying keto vegan out for a week or two as an experiment but I'm not sure now - it seems a bit extreme - maybe keto vegetarian might be a good place to start. :wacky::facepalm:

Today....
Meal 1: 2 egg mayo on crackerbread
Meal 2: Cheese
Meal 3: M&S lamb meatballs with a teaspoon of pomegranate molasses drizzled over, Greek salad (feta, tomato, olives and olive oil and herbs) plus some baby chard leaves (first cut of the year from the garden) and a Greek yoghurt and garlic dip
Dessert: leftover strawberries from the weekend
Drinks: BDC, SSW possibly CFDC

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch at my daughters: prawn cocktail with a leafy salad followed by strawberries and cream.
Mid afternoon at Nero’s: coconut cappuccino with a Jaffa Quake Carb Killa bar.
Dinner at Jamie’s: chicken mattone with kale and hazelnut salad followed by coffee with cream.

I love that kale and hazelnut salad. I can never get kale like that at home though - its always a bit tough and fibrous.

Reactions: gennepher

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I love that kale and hazelnut salad. I can never get kale like that at home though - its always a bit tough and fibrous.

Its probably the baby leaves at the top. I love kale salad - Morrison's have it on their salad bar.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its probably the baby leaves at the top. I love kale salad - Morrison's have it on their salad bar.

Ah thank you. We don’t have a Morrisons nearby but maybe if I bought whole leaves rather than the bags of shredded kale that contain all the tough ribs as well as leafy bits, it might be better.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a bad FBG today after a great week last week.
NE1 (aka breakfast):
1 slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x 2.
NE2: wasnt going to bother but was preparing ham salad, cheese, etc for younger son so did a small version for me. We are big on the cold plates in this house and the boys love me to put together a mix of all the things they love and I guess there is more variety here than in their fridges.
NE3: will be remainder of h/m veg lasagne which I now suspect was the culprit for todays fasting number. Oh well when its gone its gone and I cant abide wasting food.
Hope your tum is ok @gennepher I say that because it takes a lot to prevent me eating!
@DJC3 that kale and hazelnut salad sounds lovely..I agree bought and h/c kale is a disappointment. On the other hand watercress and young leaf spinach are devine. I get through a big bag of spinach each week all by myself!

Viv19

No breakfast. Tea with milk.
Physio. She told me to go home and rest for a while. So that was a coffee with cream, and nuts while I had my feet up.
Lunch was lettuce mixed, toms, tuna with mayonnaise, hard boiled eggs. I meant to put on feta and olives but forgot it.
Yoghurt and berries. Another coffee.
Evening. LC roll toasted with cheese, plus a glass of red. Just because.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick entry for last four days - will read through all your entries when get chance - just been very busy. Hope everyone well.
Breakfasts bacon and egg except for today when had to miss breakfast as out of house very early
Lunches mainly lc seeded crispbreads, range of cheeses, some nuts and celery plus small amounts of 100% choc.
Friday dinner out tapas evening at friends, salmon, chicken and salad plus cheese followed by raspberries and cream
Saturday hm chicken curry and cauliflower rice
Sunday steak, cauliflower cheese and mushrooms followed by lemon and lime sf jelly and yoghurt
Monday hm pork burger with cheese on top served on mushrooms sf jelly and yoghurt

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Few more nutes and vits about today in my NEs. TWAM and CWAM instead of B. NE1 was around 13.20 hrs and featured 3 x h/g eggs, tinned mackerel in OO, an avocado, baby leaf salad and h/m mayo - more of our eggs. Also a double ration dunnie with butter. NE2 starred h/g asparagus, spinach with a tsp h/m mayo and very slow cooked (20 hrs @ 60) lamb shoulder - who knew cookers could make meat IanP friendly? Red meat twice in 3 days and coffee 2 mornings running is enough walking on the wild side for now.
Latest granddaughter now has names which are not Fifi Trixabelle. She is to be addressed as Rosa . Olivia would have been nicer. One can only hope a son will come next but for now we must all think long and hard about what happened here.:angelic:

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all

@Chook - keto vegetarian is allegedly possible (guess a lot of cheese and eggs are involved). There must be a thread or two on here, either in the vegetarian or ketogenic sub-forums? What prompted you to think about it?

Broke my fast much earlier than usual today - very hungry early on so ate a 30g portion of M&S Cornish Cove mature cheddar around 8.30am.

Lunch was smoked salmon and whipped creamy cheese.

Dinner was ribeye steak with halloumi fries (just sliced cheese fried alongside the steak). Delicious.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All,

NE1: lump of Wensleydale. Had nearly given up on W, but it turns out that The Beloved Mr B had been buying the cheap stuff. Tangy (sour edge) and grainy texture. He slipped up this morning and accidentally put the ‘finest’ in his basket. Chalk and cheese! Sublime smoothness and subtle mellow flavour.

NE2: defrosted homemade chicken soup. Nicer when you have forgotten you made it. ;)

NE3: will be Awful Soup. Also fresh from the freezer. Trying to make room for next dogfood delivery. Think this batch was the one with a texture like wet concrete, and a magnificent number of garlic cloves, chilli oil and a scatter of harissa. Very umami. :wacky:

Dogs are now playing together. Excited barks and wagging. The warzone strayed across the sofa, my lap and the ipad a few minutes ago. Apparently, I have turned into my mother. Volume. Phraseology. Dramatic emphasis. I am still laughing at myself. :hilarious: They have fallen into an exhausted sleep.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Evening all

@Chook - keto vegetarian is allegedly possible (guess a lot of cheese and eggs are involved). There must be a thread or two on here, either in the vegetarian or ketogenic sub-forums? What prompted you to think about it?

Broke my fast much earlier than usual today - very hungry early on so ate a 30g portion of M&S Cornish Cove mature cheddar around 8.30am.

Lunch was smoked salmon and whipped creamy cheese.

Dinner was ribeye steak with halloumi fries (just sliced cheese fried alongside the steak). Delicious.

Nothing monumental - just trying to think of a way to shake my menu up as I'm getting bored and I get carb drift when I get bored. I bought a vegan keto book and it didn't take long to realise that vegan definitely isn't for me (I love eggs and cheese too much). I'll have to do some more research. Maybe vegetarian meals in the week might be enough to stop the boredom....

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing monumental - just trying to think of a way to shake my menu up as I'm getting bored and I get carb drift when I get bored. I bought a vegan keto book and it didn't take long to realise that vegan definitely isn't for me (I love eggs and cheese too much). I'll have to do some more research. Maybe vegetarian meals in the week might be enough to stop the boredom....

What about Diet Doctor do they have a veggie keto plan?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold Chinese style pork with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: salmon fillets with creamy peppercorn sauce and roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all! What a beautiful spring evening it is here! We've just got back from a lovely post dinner walk, during which I befriended the most adorable calf! Things are much better in Chez Bee thankfully. Mr B's vision is continuing to improve, so it sounds like the injections are doing their thing. I managed to forget my lunch today, so TMAD for me as a result. I'm hoping to spur on some more weight loss if I can, so probably not a bad thing. I had a pleasant surprise on the scales yesterday, after not weighing myself for a couple of weeks. I'd lost another 3 lbs, making it 4 stone and 4 lbs total weight loss since early June last year.

B: Vanilla chia pudding with LC Nutella. Coffee.
D: Lightly smoked salmon fillet, asparagus, roast cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and lemon butter sauce. Square of G&B orange and almond choc. Decaf coffee with cream.