Thank you to this forum and the great advice

Hello all,

I wasn't sure whether to post this or not, as don't want others to feel I'm bragging. However, I've decided to, as the great people on this forum and moderators have given me great advice which has helped me so much. I had a story featured in the Daily Mail and it was a good piece. Since then the PR people for diabetes.co.uk have contacted me. My story was in the Yorkshire Post today and it is a positive story for diabetes and low-carb and ketogenic diets.

I have taken photos of the piece but can't seem to upload them. Thanks once again all of you - Mike.

Reactions: Prem51

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

I wasn't sure whether to post this or not, as don't want others to feel I'm bragging. However, I've decided to, as the great people on this forum and moderators have given me great advice which has helped me so much. I had a story featured in the Daily Mail and it was a good piece. Since then the PR people for diabetes.co.uk have contacted me. My story was in the Yorkshire Post today and it is a positive story for diabetes and low-carb and ketogenic diets.

I have taken photos of the piece but can't seem to upload them. Thanks once again all of you - Mike.

well done dear, we also need really to celebrate our success ... Mike :) can't you find a link to the story in the Daily Mail and put it here too

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I saw your piece in the Daily Mail and it was brilliant. You can brag as much as you like, they are stories that inspire others and are always good to read. Keep up the good work. You deserve it. :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Great news is always welcome and your achievements aren't bragging at all just letting those starting out know that there can be huge success. Well done for putting your story out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: yorkshirelad27

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I also agree it's putting yourself out there and inspiring others which is what will help some to change the course of their lives and live healthier and complication free, so top marks !

Thanks for such kind and positive words. I wanted to put the word out there and thought that even if one person out there reads it and makes a change then it is 100 % worth it. The Yorkshire Post article in the paper mentioned the diabetes.co.uk site and that I had got my advice from the forum. There is now a full online link to the story.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/health/dieting-away-my-diabetes-by-cutting-out-carbs-1-9754091

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...mic-four-people-reveal-tell-youre-danger.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51 and Salvia

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brag away, not just here on the success stories and testimonials forum but as far and wide as you can. I had an article in my local rag last year and like you say if just one person reads our stories we have done good!
Very well done on your achievements! Keep up the good work!

Edit for typo

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

chris66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations Mike, well done, i did see a link to your story via a link from Diabetes.co.uk on a social media sie earlier. You shouldn't feel you shouldn't 'brag' about it as personally i feel reading stories of success like yours gives the rest of us hope that we can have similar success aswell. well done again.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Love it. Well done!

Jim you have provided some great insight and answers to other posters... Reading them gave me so many answers to questions I had. So thank you my friend. Keep posting!
Po

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for such kind and positive words. I wanted to put the word out there and thought that even if one person out there reads it and makes a change then it is 100 % worth it. The Yorkshire Post article in the paper mentioned the diabetes.co.uk site and that I had got my advice from the forum. There is now a full online link to the story.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/health/dieting-away-my-diabetes-by-cutting-out-carbs-1-9754091

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...mic-four-people-reveal-tell-youre-danger.html

“A diet of too many takeaways, cakes and pints of cider ...”

I like that. That made me smile.