What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
A respectable 5.7 before breakfast :)

Nigel

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
6.9 which is higher than my best but I have been experimenting with brown and wild rice.

NewdestinyX

6.8 for me again today.. Aargh. I don't want to restart the Lantus. So will just keep trying tricks to lessen the DP effect.

Awesome low humidity summer days here too. Wow! Have a great day all!

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
NewdestinyX said:
6.8 for me again today.. Aargh. I don't want to restart the Lantus. So will just keep trying tricks to lessen the DP effect.

Awesome low humidity summer days here too. Wow! Have a great day all!

Have you tried having a small carb free snack before bed?

I've seen a few people mention this works in stopping a morning rise?

Maybe a small piece of cheese or something?

Gratope

Dislikes
Snobs, PC brigade ( Stupid rules and regs )
:evil: 8 This morning. Very high for me. Just found out from Patch I have been snacking on the wrong type of nuts in the evenings. ( Wrong for diabetics that is ). Talk about learning every day. :evil:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
A testing day for me today.

Fasting 5.9 mmol/L

1 hour after ham sandwich (Rustic Wholegrain Bread) at lunchtime 6.3 mmol/L which both pleased and surprised me in equal measures.

No exercise today due to too much leg pain :(

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
15.7 and still no closer to getting a handle on what is going on.
DSN's are scratching their heads too so even though I feel like I have been hit by a bus at least I don't feel like a complete idiot.

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
Don't worry AndyS, Khaleb was 18 this morning. I checked him about 2am and he was fine but illness is being my enemy. We got up a little late also - It's Saturday and cold and raining. Tomorrow is another day....

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Morning all,
4.2 this morning :shock: a bit low for me, must have been the little bit of cheese i ate last night before bed

Sue

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
13.3 - I'm having terribly high morning readings which rise with every minute - arghhh. Need that pump quick I think. I've tried to get it right but after passing out at Christmas I am terrified of going to sleep at a a reasonable level (so I aim for below 10). Trouble is I've gone to bed at 9 and woken to check at 3am and can be as low as 3.9 (more often 12> though) very frustrating situation and I feel I don't know what to do at the moment.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Good morning everybody, nice warm sunny day here today :)
I was 6.0 fasting.
2 hours later, after a delicious breakfast of joghurt mixed with 90g of fresh mixed tropical fruit I had 6.4 which means I can have that breakfast again although I haven't calculated the carbs of that yet.

louiseb

8.3 have been unwell for nearly 2 weeks now and im taking steriods atm so not as high as I was expecting.
I think im going to stop testing for a week its too depressing seeing these figures every morning and after a meal atm lowish carb im getting readings anything from 15 to 20.
I will start testing again in a week or so when I have stopped the steroids and im hopefully feeling better.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi, was 10.9 this morning, still high I know but have only a week to go till 29th july then more training and insulin dosage will be increased , hopefully will kick in and nudge these high levels down...? Its nonstop drizzle here! send me some sunshine please. Anna.x :D

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Two readings today - 6.0 at 03:30, and 5.0 at 08.30.

I got dragged out for a meal last night and drank a bit too much :oops: . I woke up at about 3am (alcohol does that to me) and tested just in case the booze was making me go hypo. Fortunately not!

Viv 8)

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
Ok I'm going to post my morning reading for today (I know it's late but I've had a couple of gins and feel braver :lol: )

It was 9.1 first thing this morning (well first it came up 1.7!!! but I then re-did it at 9.0 and then did it again at 9.1). I was at a spa yesterday evening for about 3 hours so in and out of hot and cool water (I drank about 1 litre of water during this).

I think heat can raise the glucose levels? So I may have been higher going to bed, but I didn't test :?

Olives and one glass of Prosecco at 9.30pm last night and a glass of water and that was it.
Before that 3 thin oatcakes and a mini pot of hummous at 4pm.

I've ran out of strips so once I get the new batch in (care of Spirit Healthcare) I'll re-start and try to be consistent in measuring.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Sanober, I would suggest that you didn't eat enough yesterday evening, you went low overnight, and your high reading this morning was Dawn Phenomenon, where your liver dumps glucose into your system to get you ready for the day. That happened to me for a few months when I was first diagnosed - my morning fasting level was always the highest of the day.

You've got to give your system something to work with, low-carb or not! Try a small carb and protein snack at bedtime - a couple more oatcakes and some cheese at bedtime would probably have helped.

Don't worry too much - you'll soon get it under control.

Viv 8)

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
Thanks Viv

I need to test more frequently and regularly because to be honest even when I look back through my readings diary and even though I make notes of food/physical activity I can't see a consistent pattern.

Post exercise (say an hour) - some Ryvita and cheese (and another time turkey and lettuce) led to the highest ever numbers since I started testing 3wks ago. And last night I think I thought that being in the spa and the amount of heat from the sauna/steam rooms etc would lead to a similar problems, hence just the olives, the Proscecco was provided as part of the spa experience :lol:

It's tricky just trying to get the balance right and I'm taking as much from the forum as I can.

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Three tests over 4 mornings 5.6, 4.7, 5.2.
This morning tested one hour after 5.2 with only a cup of tea and I had gone up to 5.4. I am extremely fortunate that this seems to be the extent of my DP.

I am experimenting with sprouted bread (spelt & chia seed) with one slice, butter, 1 slice of tomato and a thick slab of full fat cheddar cheese and lashings of cracked pepper. So will be testing one, two and three hours later.

Yesterday evening I had two slices with cheese and watercress and the middle reading brought me up to 6.3. Hoping that one slice will keep me below my max desired of 6.0!

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Good morning everyone. Pouring with rain here :evil:

Had an unexplained 8.8 yesterday before meal, tested again and got the same so thought my meter was up the spout so tested my husband which confirmed meter was working correctly. I think this reading is the highest I have ever measured. Even more than my tests on diagnosis. And I don't know why either. It doesn't fit with what I ate at all.

5.7 fasting this morning.
Breakfast of tropical fruits with joghurt again. Gave me stomach ache so will try reducing portion.
2 hours later 5.7 again so from that point of view my breakfast was ideal.