Stop that wagon!! I've fallen off

sugarlips

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm my own worst enemy. After several good weeks and BG approx 5.5 I fell off the carb wagon. And when I fall I fall hard.
I'm normally on lchf and wondering how long it will take to purge myself again.
I've lost 3 stone in 3 months, weight training hard and actually loving the lchf diet so why do I give in to temptation. It gets me down and mad.

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

Clan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3stone in 3 months - just through low carb and gym ?

Clan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m 6 5 and 21st - need some guidance also ex rugby player !

sugarlips

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I kept my calories to about 2200 a day, now about 2700 but was never still, walk every day, swim and weight train alot

sugarlips

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I just feel like I'm letting myself and my daughter down whenever I fall off the carb wagon. When I see all the success stories on here I so want to be part of it then I fall off again

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I'm sure we all do it, you'll soon be back on.
We'll be here to encourage you as much as you need.
Take care

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Have you tried fasting?
Perhaps One Meal A Day (OMAD)?
Having just finished chasing after the wagon to climb back on I find that after a bit the cravings go away, mostly.
I am 6 foot and have just managed to creep under 12 stone again.

Fun arithmetic; if your extra 3 inches over me weighs 4 stone then in theory you should weigh (27 * 4) stone at 4 stone for every 3 inches.

I think you may be used to carrying a lot of extra weight and not sure you can lose it. I know when I went down from 14 stone 7 pounds to 12 stone everyone was worried because they thought I was wasting away to a pale thin shadow. Body image (your own and how other see you) can be very confusing.

Reactions: Goonergal
M

Member496333

There is no wagon. There’s only now. Everything that went before is just a memory. Stay calm and carry on.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
You realise your true potential by hooking that wagon (yee-haw) to something larger than life. Your true potential - that's what counts.

Cocosilk

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Insulin
I just feel like I'm letting myself and my daughter down whenever I fall off the carb wagon. When I see all the success stories on here I so want to be part of it then I fall off again
I drink cream when I want a treat. It's got its own sweetness and feels as satisfying as icecream really. I'm finding my life long sweet tooth is duller when I eat low carb high fat. I started reintroducing an extra slice of sourdough bread and the cravings come flooding back fast. So I go back to the fats.

Reactions: 1spuds

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Thanks everyone for the replies, today is a new day, I'm keeping calm and carrying on
You can do this, I believe in you and the wagon ain't so quick that it'll lose you at a bump in the road :joyful: