Best way to loss weight

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
Hi Crispin,

It all depends on your metabolism, I think, I'm doing low carb (about 70 grams of carbs a day) with reasonably high fat and moderate protein. I've wasted my metabolism over the years with one diet after another and can maintain my weight on 1000 calories, but this seems to be working for me. I'm not hungry between meals and the weight is coming off slowly. If you check the site under low carb you'll find Viv's Modified Atkins diet. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18803 - this is the link.

That's what I'm trying to follow - with a few personal modifications.

Cheers
Ailz

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
I'm using common sense and my gym membership to have lost 1 1/2 stone so far. I looked honestly at what I was eating, recognised my weaknesses and made small steps, 1st instead of cereal and toast at breakfast I cut out the toast, instead of a couple of sandwiches at lunch I have a wholemeal wrap. DInner time I may have soup or a couple of crispbreads if i'm not hungry, or a proper meal. I know this works for me I know it aint high/low carb etc but my hbac1 has been 5.8 and 5.9 the last 2 readings, so it works for me as I haven't got the discipline to weighstuff etc.

At the gym I've increased the cardio work I do, I've always been active so now I do an hour of cardio at relatively high intensity I use about 700-800 calories on them machines (I'm early 40's) I know this is too much for many but I didn't go straight to that level, anyway I just try each week not to take a backward step. I then do some weights too, this suits me as I'm not working so have the time so may as well be productive in this way, it also strengthens injuries I suffered in a motorbike accident so I'm less likely to get injured at badminton!

Best tip, tell people you're losing weight, having told people I don't want to fail so I keep at it!

Bradshaw

Hi Buddies....

There are some best ways to lose weight that are as follows

Drink water and Green Tea
Eat simple and less in quantity
Avoid from beverages
Include fruits and vegetables in your diet

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Best diet I ever went on was going back to work after being at home looking after my children. I was 2 miles away from my kitchen and didn't snack when I was at work.

clarkpaul

Every one has his own idea for weight loss. People should be very alert about their scheduled. firstly store in mind that consume more water every time. Start your day with a glass of water. Before you start the meal drink a glass of water. Stay away from sweetened bottle drinks like sodas. Include in your diet more watering things like tomatoes and watermelons. Avoid fruit juice and start eat fresh fruit. start eat vegetables and avoid meats. these are definitely works...

triksit

I lost 45 kg over 15 odd months, maintained over the summer and am back to losing again now (20 more to go).
Type 2 - I have low carbed for many years, the only way for me to control bgs on diet only, but losing was very slow. I had to decide to lose my appetite and dropped portions by a quarter, then half, then two thirds. The first quarter was the most difficult.
My bgs have already dropped to so-called normal levels and I no longer have to stick quite so closely to low carbing. I'm just careful.
I can't say it was easy, nor is it now, but the satisfaction is reward in itself.
Stomach clamping had been suggested but I didn't like the thought so I did my own version of it. The great thing is that I was in control and could go slowly to try and reduce flabby skin as far as possible though at my age I can't expect miracles. Wish I could manage the gym but I make sure I walk at least half a km a day often a fair bit more.
Just wish I'd done it sooner!
Good luck

Bernard123

Hi guys,
the best way to loss weight is,
Home workout routine:
Before you start home workout warm up your body and get ready for exercise,
Push ups are one of the first exercises everyone can easily perform.....
THANKS...

Beav

Dislikes
Alcohol
The big mistake people do is have 3 meals a day. Ideally you need 5-6 meals a day. These are small meals which keeps your metabolic rate high.

Rolf

Jogging and walking both are the good exercise to get rid the over weight. Walking burn 70 calories in 30 minutes and which amount to be 7 pound in a year.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
There is only one certain was to loose weight .. .. energy expended must exceed the energy input ... QED

reidpj

Hobs said:
There is only one certain was to loose weight .. .. energy expended must exceed the energy input ... QED

And eating food types that satiate your appetite more quickly (protein, fat) will help to put you into a negative energy balance without the dreaded hunger pangs :wink:

Emily Way

Hi,
The Dukan Diet is one of the most well-known weight loss plans in France. It's really a protein-based eating habits developed by French nutritionist and also diet professional, Pierre Dukan. Although Dukan has actually been supporting his diet program for more than 3 decades, its reputation has increased since two thousand. His guide The Dukan Weight loss program is the best seller in France while promoting much more than ten million books around the globe. The book has actually since been interpreted into fourteen languages as well as released in thirty two countries. The Dukan Diet program was launched in the United Kingdom in May 2010, as well as in the US in April 2011.
[mod edit daisy1 link removed - no advertising]

type1newbie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I lost 3.5 stone in about 6 months without even trying, I was losing weight before I was even aware it was happening. How I done it was cutting out a lot of meat, I still had meat about 3 times a week though, eating a lot of fresh vegetables and Rice, had pasta about once a week and eating fresh fruit most days. I used to have fruit for breakfast, usually Mango, watermelon, Papaya, pineapple, Banana and Coconut, I ate rice at least twice a day and fresh veg ( like green beans, Aubergine, Carrots, Potato, sweet potato, Onions (Red and White) plus other local produce and usually cooked with spices like Garlic, Turmeric, Chilli and various herbs) but I have to say that whatever I ate was only ever cooked using ***Coconut Oil which I believe is the best thing for weight loss and stabilizing blood sugars, also gives you more energy, (speaking of energy, I used to drink coconut water most days also) this is because of the molecular structure (Medium Chain Fatty Acids) which the body is able to utilize straight away unlike (Long Chain Fatty Acids) which is what the majority if not all of our Vegetable oils, Sunflower Oils and Seed Oils are made up of, including Olive Oil, the body cannot utilize these straight away so stores them as fat. (please check all this information out on the internet, there is so much information out there that they never told us about, especially Coconut oil, because it works. So, everything I have done can be done in the UK as well, I say that because I was lucky enough to be invited to live in Bali for a year in order to try to reverse or be rid of my Diabetes, I am now back in the UK and according to my hba1c ( 41, the new scale now in use equivalent to about 5.6 I think ) at beginning of June 2012 and my new Diabetes doctor, there is no sign of Diabetes at all, but this is another post I want to put on here soon, which will hopefully help/inspire some people on here, if only to help with better control

***(Coconut oil was given such a bad press because it is a saturated fat, but it does not contribute towards heart disease as previously reported, completely the opposite actually)

Clover

ailz said:
Hi Crispin,

I've wasted my metabolism over the years with one diet after another and can maintain my weight on 1000 calories, but this seems to be working for me. I'm not hungry between meals and the weight is coming off slowly. If you check the site under low carb you'll find Viv's Modified Atkins diet. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18803 - this is the link.

That's what I'm trying to follow - with a few personal modifications.

Cheers
Ailz

I have a similar story, years of failed diets and I was maintaining my weight eating 800 - 1000 calories a day despite significantly limiting carbs. I had maintained this for 5 weeks without any weight loss.

But having read and applied Viv's diet info I seem to be finally making progress. I upped the fat and protein (mostly organic cheese and eggs, tinned tuna and mackrel and full fat bio yogurt). I cut out the one remaining piece of fruit I was having - an apple - and the toms and red pepper I was having with my lunch. When I can't be bothered to 'cook' (which is suprising often :roll:) I have 8oz servings of brocilli with 2ozs grated cheese. I've lost 2 lbs in 5 days despite having two evenings 'off' (wine, peanuts......).

Early days yet, but I am feeling hopeful for the first time in ages.

Raie-Louise

Im kind of stuck about what to do about weight loss but all of the dietplans people mention i cant reli try caise im T1 drs have warned me off them(but mostly cause of my very bad relationship with food):-\

I walk for at least an hour each day and always on my feet at work(3-7hrs depending)so im not exactly fussed bout the excercise part but my issues are slowly ruining me does anyone have any ideas?

keepinglean

Hello, there are some tips on how to stay slim and lean. You need a proper food diet and of course exercise is really a big factor for you to loss weight. Every morning try to go jogging with your friends or with your pet, for almost an hour. You can also go to gym and exercise for at least 2 hours. Do not eat food with too much carbohydrates, a little bit of cakes, ice creams, and chocolates. Keep in mind and always believe that you can loss weight, be inspired and motivate yourself to be much more physically fit and healthy.

Michaelswan

There are many ways that are helpful for weight loss.

- Do regular exercises daily, specially running is best for weight loss.
- Balance your diet, eat more green vegetables and fruits.
- Avoid junk food.
- Drink lots of water a day, minimum seven or eight glass.
- You can also take green tea for weight loss.