woohoo me first! Whos got pumps then and what make?

bonerp

Mines a Roche AccuChek Spirit.

I use the software and PDA along with the BG meters. Happy with it as theres a spare pump too.

Been on it since Jan. Just waiting for latest HBA1c result.

Not yet managed to stop swings but getting there.

Paul

Nellie

Minimed Paradigm 515 at the moment, started in April, first HBA1c due at the end of tis month but I forgot so will have to go to the laboratory next week. The French rent the pump on a short time basis until they've decided that you benefit (or not) and then they buy it, then I should get the latest model.

VerityJ

Mines a Paradign 722. Started in January - HBA1c down from 11.4 to 8.4. Still working on it and I love my pump.

miss e j

I'm on a Paradigm 522 and while I love the pump - the bolus wizard takes away a lot of my mealtime maths :) - the cannullas have been giving me a lot of grief. After 2 months I have yet to find one that that is both comfortable and reliable (quick sets = bent cannullas and no delivery alarms, sillhouettes = work well but leave big scabs and hurt, easy set = hurt and have now started going wrong - no delivery with and without alarms to let me know). Awaiting a training session with all the options and proper guidance!

bonerp

how do you order other makes when the pct funds you a certain brand?
I am sponsored by Accu-Chek, so how would I get to try others?

Im sick of painful sets too. Not all the time but often enough to make me think about it more and more!

Today I removed the pump and went onto Insultard during the day as I'm off on hols next week to sunny devon :cry: so as I'll be in and out of the pool all day I could do without the pump. Was a nice relief actually and amazingly had really good BGs constantly all day!!!

Paul

bonerp

It is waterproof - I just really dont want to wear it. I have 5 yr old daughter and it will get knocked or the line ripped out when we are playing.

Rather just take it off than worry about where to hang it safely and get sand in etc!

I'm on a second day now using insultard during the day (another painful set was removed this morning! - I'm wondering whether I am setting them too deep. I use the teflon coated tenderlink 45dg inserts). BGs are still good. Better than on pump actually lol!!! Obviously injecting bolus is a pain for every little thing I eat!

Paul

miss e j

Thanks Sarah,

I'm awaiting a new training session with medtronic to try ALL options and have am being sent Cleo samples to try at the same time - but medtronic say they don't recommend them with a medtronic pump as they don't test them. But we'll see. have to wait 2 weeks for that so in the mean time am sticking with the easy sets - latest problem one ripped out when I turned over in bed at 4am (forgot to put tape on - but shouldn't need tape). Painful and annoying and tiring!

Cheers,

Emily