What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
unrelated technology news.

Ordered scales (old one died :bigtears: )
fancied new fangled bluetooth type,
ordered from the Big A..(the river, not new york )

Got email about 3 minutes earlier, that i am drivers next stop.
to make sure it GOT delivered, and not sped off to some far away locations.
i went down to wait outside (driver a block away )
and there he was sat in van, and just about to knock and deliver..:D
Marvelous stuff.

Scales set up, bluetooth working.
just working through all the bmi/water/weight/etc the gizmo gives me.
rather happy with myself today.

Toodle pip.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The same here jjaark...ordered a treadmill which I imagined wouldn't be here until after the bank holiday...it arrived yesterday...now I have no excuse...have fun with the Bluetooth scales who would have imagined we'd have such things;)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't tell you my fbg as I deliberately didn't test it - increasingly unsure it tells me anything useful.
I think my fbg of 6.8 didn't tell me anything sensible this morning. Especially as when I did the 2 hour after breakfast bs it was 5.5 which is completely the wrong way round - especially as I ate 8g of carbs. It is almost as though I have a lottery machine and the numbers came out completely randomly.

Reactions: geefull

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Freema that is great news about being officially allowed to keep a cat in your appartment. Well worth voting and certainly worth the celebratory steak.
@ianpspurs what a great start to the day, I felt happy and relaxed simply reading your post and I’m sure you’re right about approaching T2 control from a more bucolic angle.
@dunelm good luck with the extra leg/ arm room if sitting next to the twins. I reckon you will definitely need your holiday after sharing the flight with 2 year olds though, and probably an extra large g&t when you arrive.
@Bubbsie hugs for the lurgy. Hope the coffee does it’s stuff.
@PenguinMum I got my feet out on Wed but I’ve hidden them away again - drizzly here. Hope it perks up before your holidays.

I think that the twins (Chaos and Mayhem) will mostly entertain themselves. Their last plane journey was to Thailand and back and it was pretty good - mind you, if all else fails I have my chlorpromazine with me.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
unrelated technology news.

ordered from the Big A..(the river, not new york )

Got email about 3 minutes earlier, that i am drivers next stop.
to make sure it GOT delivered, and not sped off to some far away locations.
i went down to wait outside (driver a block away )
and there he was sat in van, and just about to knock and deliver..:D
Marvelous stuff.

Scales set up, bluetooth working.
just working through all the bmi/water/weight/etc the gizmo gives me.
rather happy with myself today.

Toodle pip.

Oh! This sounds marvelous - are you going to post a picky of said marvel of modern measuring tech?
Will the readings be in Gaussian?
Mine has merely a spring - and a voice that shouts “get off” when I step on it.

Reactions: HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The same here jjaark...ordered a treadmill which I imagined wouldn't be here until after the bank holiday...it arrived yesterday...now I have no excuse...have fun with the Bluetooth scales who would have imagined we'd have such things;)

I love a treadmill - such a trendy way to hang your clothes up.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love a treadmill - such a trendy way to hang your clothes up.
dunelm many a true word said in jest...I walk Harry for about forty minutes to an hour when we go out...I really enjoy that...I have been on the treadmill not quite the same as my walk...it's the incline even at it's lowest setting hard work...I'm inspired by your suggestion...if I cannot get on with it...out in the garden it goes next to the rotary clothes dryer...so all will not be lost;););)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine has merely a spring - and a voice that shouts “get off” when I step on it.
Oh I got completely the wrong end of the stick...I thought he meant kitchen scales...I have a set of scales that remembers your last time on them...it will display your previous weight & compare it with the current one...for that reason I cannot let anyone else use them...as soon as they step on them it will display my weight which of course is and should be top secret.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
8.9 at 6 am

At least it has dropped below the morning 9’s now.

Just found out it’s another bank holiday Monday, so this means every Tom, ****, and Sally and all their respective offsprings are entering the Gateway of Wales and the roads are going to be totally at gridlock again, which means us residents hide at home in our gardens all weekend...

But I managed to research online a Franciscan Monastery I can go to this morning. I planned a back route that avoids the mass exodus of people coming in on the Expressway. So I am going to investigate that this morning.

I would have gone to the holy well In Holywell again, and although I found peace there last time, a holy well without any water in it (because the water was contaminated and it hasn’t been sorted yet) just doesn’t quite cut it.

Then I shall be in my retreat (my potting shed) until mid next week away from the outside world.

So, in search of peace in this busy frenetic world today....

Take care x
>^..^<

P.S. flipping heck, this software on here now starring out innocent words as offensive words is ridiculous...
I shall try and rephrase, but ‘Every Tom, Richard, and Sally’ doesn’t quite cut it either...I use Sally instead of Harry because that expression was initially from an earlier era when it was a man’s world....I give up....
>^••^<

Take time to take time! Meditate on that
Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You are quite right there Po. This morning 6.8 the highest it has been for ages. When I do a blood test it often feels like a lottery - the numbers can be completely random and make no sense. So I should really just enjoy the good ones when I get them.

Had a really good day yesterday catching up with my to do list. I am self employed and very busy at the moment. The downside of this is that the more work I do the more paperwork it generates. .Even the email enquiries take ages to answer.
Its funny how we all just get caught up in the day to day stuff and forget about 'US'
Just enjoy being and not doing.

Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You are quite right there Po. This morning 6.8 the highest it has been for ages. When I do a blood test it often feels like a lottery - the numbers can be completely random and make no sense. So I should really just enjoy the good ones when I get them.

Had a really good day yesterday catching up with my to do list. I am self employed and very busy at the moment. The downside of this is that the more work I do the more paperwork it generates. .Even the email enquiries take ages to answer.
6.8 is not 'high' its just not low. 0.9 lower would put in the 5s ;)

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nearly every day, I have to put my chimp back into it’s box; that primitive part of us that just jumps out and let’s rip if you let it.
A take on Freud; Inside every persons head, a wrestling match takes place between a school teacher and a sex starved monkey, refereed by a rather timid bank clerk.
Yep! But what did he know? ;)
Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning All. An acceptable 5.5 this morning. Sunny day again I’ve been brave enough to get my feet out, legs next when I have the courage!
@poemagraphic just reminding YOU did all the work and was open to looking at this a different way...so more applause! Good to have you on board.
@DJC3 I think any change to diet, meds, etc takes the body a while to settle so you are doing great without the Met...hold tight!
@Bubbsie sorry you’re under the weather..hugs from a distance.
Finally @jjraak and @gennepher dont worry I’m on the landing waiting for you.
Have a great Friday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
@poemagraphic just reminding YOU did all the work and was open to looking at this a different way...so more applause! Good to have you on board.
Hi PM I am pleased to now be 'a part of the team'

Reactions: DJC3 and gennepher

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A post with two things I can't tell you which in my simple mind fit perfectly with the vibe of "don't think it, live it" introduced by @poemagraphic. I can't tell you my fbg as I deliberately didn't test it - increasingly unsure it tells me anything useful. I do know not knowing what it is feels remarkably liberating. I also can't tell you just how uplifting it felt to have sun on my back cutting asparagus, listening to bird song and nothing else early this morning after collecting eggs and allowing chickens to roam. Somewhere in there is a method of dealing with T2 control decoupled from Fung, Bilkman, Phinney and Tom Cobbly. Think I'll call it the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid):)
TOP MAN That really IS the way to do it.
Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.8 oh what a number , had the Day off yesterday 2 votes given for the EU and for our parliament here in DK had to stand in line for 80 minutes well but then that was in place my old mother of 84 and I went for a steak and salat afterwards and then I went home after shopping , watching the English Barnaby for a couple of hours till the bus came collecting people from my flat-building where we had the yearly meeting and selection of ruling people for the next year, best thing was the fact that my 2 votes made the difference and we finally are allowed to have a cat legally . so very happy. Half of the flats already have a cat living with its people so relief is also part of the feeling , not having to fear some revengeful neighbour .. well but all the carbcoated steak and fried potatoes and pees with lime and ansjoeses and 2 big glasses of wine made this mornings number far too high
RESULT PIE WITH CREAM
Po