Type 2 Carb to glucose level chart

Paul Varney

Hi
New to all this but having good results- but keeping going is sometimes very difficult- I have always lived my food
Is their a optimum level of saying less than 100g of carbs a day won’t spike your sugars etc.
Apologies if this is a dumb question.
But whilst I am being dumb just got my AC1 down to 39 - is this possible to keep over many years.
Thanks everyone

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Congratulations on your new HBa1c level of 39. Very clever indeed. It looks like you are already on your way to working out a level of carbs you can tolerate a day. It's totally individual dependent on your insulin levels, sensitivity and resistance. I can manage less than 30 grams a day as I'm not producing any phase 1 insulin in response to eating (established on a glucose tolerance test.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul Varney

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
carb to glucose.png
Here is a chart of how carbs will raise blood sugar it is intended as a guide to raising low blood sugars but may be of use.

D

Deleted Account

@JohnEGreen that is an interesting table.
I wonder how they came up with that as I thought we were all different, for example our insulin resistance is different.
I know it is very wrong for me from my experience in treating hypos and knowing how much fast acting glucose I need to take.
Perhaps the easiest approach would be to try a fixed amount of known carbs in a fast acting form (such as 10g dextrose) and measure yourself?
But bear in mind, if you eat fatty food the fat will slow down the carb absorption and someone with insulin resistance may find their body can cope with the slower glucose release.

Paul Varney

Thanks all

So I have reduced my carb intake

Will this automatically “cure” the diabetes

Do I need to worry about insulin levels ???

I have a lot to learn.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Sorry, but alas,there is no 'cure' for diabetes, type 1 or type 2, but with type 2 you can go into remission, well controlled or in the non diabetic range.
Good luck :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks all

So I have reduced my carb intake

Will this automatically “cure” the diabetes

Do I need to worry about insulin levels ???

I have a lot to learn.
Well you are in the right place to learn..
How many grams of carbs per day are you aiming for?

Paul Varney

Hopefully under the 100grams mark

Do I need to concern over the insulin levels - I know I have attacked the AC1 and got it to 39 - but I am sure there is more to do ???? But I don’t know

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@JohnEGreen that is an interesting table.
I wonder how they came up with that as I thought we were all different, for example our insulin resistance is different.
I know it is very wrong for me from my experience in treating hypos and knowing how much fast acting glucose I need to take.
Perhaps the easiest approach would be to try a fixed amount of known carbs in a fast acting form (such as 10g dextrose) and measure yourself?
But bear in mind, if you eat fatty food the fat will slow down the carb absorption and someone with insulin resistance may find their body can cope with the slower glucose release.
Probably averaged out over a number of subjects of certain body weights in a test population therefore a guide to the effect on BG by set amounts of carbohydrates but as you say its always best to test for your self I personally though would hesitate to allow my blood sugars to go very low in order to carry out the experiment especially if I were T1 which I'm not.

I should think the data were obtained in very controlled circumstances.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hopefully under the 100grams mark

Do I need to concern over the insulin levels - I know I have attacked the AC1 and got it to 39 - but I am sure there is more to do ???? But I don’t know
There's currently no way of you measuring your insulin levels apart from expensive tests so to be honest I'd just carry on with what you are doing. Personally I'd try to reduce carbs further and maybe introduce a bit of fasting if you want to lower HbA1c levels more.

Last edited:

Paul Varney

IMG_1452.jpg

Have started with the fasting- which I have found relatively easy- ( maybe because Ian 127kg !!!)

But feel a little left in the dark by my local practice with regards to the diabetes

Go back for a visit next month in a few weeks- but trying to find more answers.

Basically got the Main AC1 down to somewhere standard at 39 - but what to do next

I am trying to get to around the 95kg goal - this will take time

Waiting for my testing equipment to be delivered then I can see what is actually happening

I stopped taking metfor tablets after a few days as I just didn’t like taking them and altered my diet to under 30grams of carbs a day.

Is that ok what I am doing ????