Dexcom g6

Garymurday87

Hello . My little boy is due to start with the dexcom g6 at the end of the month. The main reasons we are trying him on this is to limit the number of finger pricks we do on a daily basis, to try and gain some sort of normal sleeping pattern (for us) and to reassure myself and my wife he is doing ok in the day, as he is about to start reception class in september. We have been told by our nurse that you either use the transmitter or a smart phone but not both together. Is this correct ? I have a spare iphone 5 that my little lad can use . But according to dexcom the g6 is not compatible with the iphone 5 but the g5 was ! I dont really want to go out and buy him at 4 years old a new mobile phone if the iphone 5 will work . And i take it the phone would require a data connection in order for myself and my wife when following him to be able to see his numbers in real time. Just trying to get in order before we meet the actual rep. Our nurse is away now till the date so struggling to het an answer.

ZaraSophia

You are probably best calling Dexcom direct and they can advise? I found them helpful when I had questions. Hope your son gets on well with it. I’ve just started using it today and like it so far!