Insulin Day 1

sudsandsoda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Just a quick post as I had my very first insulin shot this morning. Lantus (Solostar), small dose of 6 units.

For anyone anxious about doing it like I was: I literally didn't feel a thing. I injected into my abdomen, and it was very easy.

I followed this with my first carbohydrate breakfast in about 4 weeks. I don't know if its psychological or not but I feel more awake / energetic than I have done in months!

Happy weekends,
Jx

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Great news! Now and again I seem to push a needle right into a nerve and it feels like I'm trying to perform some strange variety of acupuncture on myself, but most of the time it's a doddle!

sudsandsoda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great news! Now and again I seem to push a needle right into a nerve and it feels like I'm trying to perform some strange variety of acupuncture on myself, but most of the time it's a doddle!

Haha, yes beginners luck maybe. I was expecting a small sting at least but I literally didn't feel a thing.

Reactions: WuTwo

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi all,

Just a quick post as I had my very first insulin shot this morning. Lantus (Solostar), small dose of 6 units.

For anyone anxious about doing it like I was: I literally didn't feel a thing. I injected into my abdomen, and it was very easy.

I followed this with my first carbohydrate breakfast in about 4 weeks. I don't know if its psychological or not but I feel more awake / energetic than I have done in months!

Happy weekends,
Jx

My life was pretty miserable in the (long) run up to my diagnosis. Injecting insulin was like throwing a switch - I remain amazed at the effects of high glucose levels.

Good news and keep on keeping on.

sudsandsoda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My life was pretty miserable in the (long) run up to my diagnosis. Injecting insulin was like throwing a switch - I remain amazed at the effects of high glucose levels.

Good news and keep on keeping on.

Thanks very much!

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Just don't go to mad with the carbs. Insulin can be a life-changer but too many carbs can cause weight gain; depends on your metabolism.

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Well done and thank you for sharing your story
I inject insulin as well, it only hurts occasionally
Hope you continue to feel well
Take care

Reactions: sudsandsoda

sudsandsoda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Just don't go to mad with the carbs. Insulin can be a life-changer but too many carbs can cause weight gain; depends on your metabolism.

Of course. I never was OTT on the carb even pre diabetes, but having had almost zero for the last month or so, just having a tiny bit is dreamy! :).

Thank you.

Reactions: WuTwo