Freestyle libre sensor

clarejenkins

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Salad as makes me vomit, all raw vegetables, nuts etc give me indigestion
For driving I carry a testing kit and DVLA advise you must retest if Libre showing 4 or under,

Reactions: Capt-Slog

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Purchased a freestyle libre about 2 years ago found it particularly useful when doing sport/ exercise and when in a hot climate as well as for general use.Due to expensive is a luxury item for me.Still waiting to get it approved for me. Doing 8-11 tests a day.
Recently purchased another sensor, but after 2 days did not stick on arm and began to fall off readings incorrect at this point! Has anyone else had this problem, when releasing device to fit sensor seemed unable to release properly.
I know sensor has become smaller and adhesive area also smaller.

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know sensor has become smaller and adhesive area also smaller.

Are you on a libre 2? The original sensor is still the same size, and the sticky bit the same too. The adhesive may have changed though.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whats the difference between Libre 1 and Libre 2 ?

Libre 2 will be making some beeps when BG goes high or low, that’s all I know and I’m sure other diabetics will put their input on it. But I know it’ll make a noise.

I’m assuming glue improvement as well?

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Whats the difference between Libre 1 and Libre 2 ?

As @MeiChanski says, it's got a fairly primitive hypo/hyper alert system - choose your alert levels, it'll make a noise, but you then need to scan as per usual to see the number. It'll be useful for a lot of folks.

The other major difference is that v1 was "batch calibrated", which meant they made a batch of them, no idea how many in one go, then pulled a few of them from the batch, calibrated them against a known amount of glucose solution, then applied that calibration to every sensor in the batch.

Which would be fine if every sensor in the batch was identical, but they're not, which is why we get sketchy sensors.

With v2, though, they've said that they are going to be calibrating each one individually, not in batches, so that improves the chances of not getting sketchy sensors.

Reactions: Capt-Slog