Requiring some perspective

I found out this past Monday that I am a 71 yr old T2 diabetic. My first reading on Monday night was 13.3. I have been researching diabetes and I just received my copy of The Obesity Code, a book suggested by this amazing group. I should mention that I am not obese as that info might alter the response to my query. I am 5'8" and weight in at 140.
I have begun implementing some of Dr. Fung's suggestions and I am waiting for my next doctor's appointment to choreograph implementation of the regimen outlined in the book considering my meds which is Janumet XR 50mg/1000mg and I take 2 after breakfast.
My primary question is this. I have been watching my glucose drop steadily after some dietary implementation and my latest reading is 5.8. Is this acceptable progress for a T2 diabetic?

Many thaanks
Denis

Reactions: KookieMunchster

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
That is great progress!

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done @Silverback-381 It sounds as if you are doing the right thing

Dr Fung has also written another book "The Diabetic Code" which is for Type 2 readers. It's an excellent book and I would definitely recommend a read of it too :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
We don't know what your readings are over the day, of course, but this sounds like you're not only grabbing the bull by the horns but also turning it upside down and leave it panting in the sand!
My primary question is this. I have been watching my glucose drop steadily after some dietary implementation and my latest reading is 5.8. Is this acceptable progress for a T2 diabetic?
Nope, it's wonderful! Keep on doing what you do.

Reactions: Energize
M

Member496333

Heroic. Achievement unlocked!

The Diabetes Code will complement The Obesity Code perfectly for you. In fact it’s probably more relevant but it can’t hurt to read both.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I found out this past Monday that I am a 71 yr old T2 diabetic. My first reading on Monday night was 13.3. I have been researching diabetes and I just received my copy of The Obesity Code, a book suggested by this amazing group. I should mention that I am not obese as that info might alter the response to my query. I am 5'8" and weight in at 140.
I have begun implementing some of Dr. Fung's suggestions and I am waiting for my next doctor's appointment to choreograph implementation of the regimen outlined in the book considering my meds which is Janumet XR 50mg/1000mg and I take 2 after breakfast.

Many thaanks
Denis

5.8 looks good Denis, so well done :)

We don't know what your readings are over the day, of course, but this sounds like you're not only grabbing the bull by the horns but also turning it upside down and leave it panting in the sand!

Nope, it's wonderful! Keep on doing what you do.
My reading first thing this AM was 7.7 and the past 2 days it has been around that number.
Okay - I will keep doing what I am doing Thank you Antje

Reactions: 1spuds

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
Well done, your doing really well.
Keep up with the monitoring
Take care

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Heroic. Achievement unlocked!

The Diabetes Code will complement The Obesity Code perfectly for you. In fact it’s probably more relevant but it can’t hurt to read both.
**** you Jim I heard the Xbox pop up sound in my head because of that.

Fantastic progress though @Silverback-381 you’re doing great!

Last edited by a moderator: