What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today for me

bounced down all night so hard the noise on the skylight woke us both up and there is still a river running down the road outside ;)

Having a go at making a chocolate version of the low carb protein powder sponge today when I've had my coffee :) Roast chicken and baked veggies for Sunday meal today.

Mum's little dog had a good walk on Friday which is just as well because her favourite walk down the farm road is likely to be flooded across today, there are a couple of areas where that happens and it takes a while to dry :)

Hope your day treats you well :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today for me

bounced down all night so hard the noise on the skylight woke us both up and there is still a river running down the road outside ;)

Having a go at making a chocolate version of the low carb protein powder sponge today when I've had my coffee :) Roast chicken and baked veggies for Sunday meal today.

Mum's little dog had a good walk on Friday which is just as well because her favourite walk down the farm road is likely to be flooded across today, there are a couple of areas where that happens and it takes a while to dry :)

Hope your day treats you well :)
Fbg good as usual and menu sounds tasty and LC. Enjoy it all whatever the weather.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6 this morning. We are being lazy this morning. Will take the dogs to an enclosed wood near us so we can let them off the leads. Our almost 13 year old chocolate Labrador has always been really naughty off the lead and will just run away and then get really upset when he gets lost so we can only let him off in places he can't escape from.

Then we are going for Sunday lunch at a local dog friendly pub - it's the first time we have eaten there so we hope it will be good.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Nor folk - definitely the nicest, most honest group of students and parents of all the places I taught. Quite astute at assessing strengths and weaknesses and immensely loyal and generous once they decide you are ok.
Well that sums us up so succinctly.
Po

Reactions: Shas3

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Doh! I almost forgot what I came here for...

Pick... Ouch!... 6.4... should have tested before shower n coffee... not my fault... all that chat about coffee... anyway to apportion the blame, that's me ;)
Po

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 at 6:00 hope you are all doing well today ..
Today is the election day for the EU here in DK , so besides knitting and laundry to do , I am just going to have a relaxed Sunday...

I so do hope that you all in GB will end up finding a person that can unite all you citizens when you select your next PM

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The rain stopped so cat Popeye and I were making a dash to get in the potting shed....

...when hoppity hop in front of me leapt a very small frog into the undergrowth. I couldn't see him but I knew roughly where it landed, so I am taking blind photos with my iPad hoping I might capture froggy.

I must've taken about 20 shots when I saw something move...got him!!!

That is thin blades of grass round him so gives an indication how small he is...

Snapseed.jpg

Happy froggy Sunday

>^..^<

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Today is the election day for the EU here in DK , so besides knitting and laundry to do , I am just going to have a relaxed Sunday...

I so do hope that you all in GB will end up finding a person that can unite all you citizens when you select your next PM

So do I. Regretfully I think it is the triumph of hope over expectation

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is very different reading and posting here on my tablet instead of my usual Chromebook. Everything looks different. But happily I am finally able to see your darling frog, @gennepher .

Thanks to all of you who posted hugs and best wishes to my KittenCat. It is wonderful to have her back to normal and to have friends who understand. Hugs and purrs from us to y'all. Xoxoxo

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I have tweaked bolus upwards with food it’s been a struggle lately
Hi C sometimes we all struggle with 'stuff' its how we cope when things get tough... I love that saying "When the going gets tough, the tough get going"

Having some support along the way, goes a long way to make that journey much shorter.
You know all the effort you put in is paying off... Just watch them numbers falling mate.
Po

Reactions: gennepher

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Hi Free If our next leader is half as good as your numbers, we have nothing to worry about!

That said, I don't hold much/any hope for us TBPH.

I never talk about politics or religion as a rule... It's the same $h1t in a different bucket.

Sorry if this comment upsets a few peeps.
Po

Last edited:

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Blimey geeful sounds horrendous...it's just started peeing down here now...really hard rain but of course it's the bank holiday.
It is funny how it seems that every bank holiday it rains... I think it's because GOD is fed up with the bankers... I'm with her!
Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The rain stopped so cat Popeye and I were making a dash to get in the potting shed....

...when hoppity hop in front of me leapt a very small frog into the undergrowth. I couldn't see him but I knew roughly where it landed, so I am taking blind photos with my iPad hoping I might capture froggy.

I must've taken about 20 shots when I saw something move...got him!!!

That is thin blades of grass round him so gives an indication how small he is...

View attachment 33165

Happy froggy Sunday

>^..^<
What a great shot well captured you!
Po

Reactions: gennepher