Thrush

bumbleharvey

Anyone else struggle with shifting thrush ?? I've been diabetic 34 years and had it now and again but this time round have been to docs twice and had cream and suppositorys for a few weeks and the moment I stop treating its back! Worrying it could be something else

D

Deleted Account

How are your BG?
I only experienced thrush when I was first diagnosed and had high BG. My body was trying to get rid of the excess glucose by peeing it out and the sugar affected the ph leading to thrush.

MargaretR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone else struggle with shifting thrush ?? I've been diabetic 34 years and had it now and again but this time round have been to docs twice and had cream and suppositorys for a few weeks and the moment I stop treating its back! Worrying it could be something else

Have you tried yoghurt? Both eating it and applying it. Messy, but it works foe me. It needs to be the plain, live variety - well at least for application.

I hope it gets better soon.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I suffered chronic Thrush for a year leading up to diagnosis (T2) but once my numbers came down it cleared and I havn't had an episode since then. If your numbers are good there are other causes so it may be that you have to nag the GP to investigate further. You have my sympathies.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Can you tell us your typical meter readings? Often the thrush is caused by sugars into the teens and will go when the BS is brought down

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A little higher than normal i suppose more erratic but not as high as I used to run so that's why I'm A bit confused by it
If you have a sexual partner, they need to be treated too, otherwise you pass it back and forth between you.