What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum I thought I’d better reply to your rescue cat/ dog post here on the chat thread rather than foodie one.
I think we will go down the rescue route - I’m so pleased it worked well for you too. Tilly was a sort of rescue dog - her owner had died and nobody wanted her. She’d been a friend of my dad’s ( the owner) but was an alcoholic so Tilly’s life had been a bit chaotic I think. Lots of love but no structure or consistency. She had got Tilly from a ‘bloke in the pub’ so goodness knows what her puppyhood had been like. It made me sad to think about it but also happy that we were able to give her a stable loving home. She wouldn’t have been my first choice if we’d been specifically looking for a dog but by the time we’d had her a few weeks I couldn’t imagine a more beautiful girl.
It’s made me realise that looks don’t matter a jot so this time round we are looking at more breed specific characteristics. I think we will go for a border terrier as they are good with children and other dogs usually and they are our most important priorities.
There are some breed specific rescue centres so I think we’ll be chatting to them soon. I’m excited and apprehensive at the same time.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Hi C sometimes we all struggle with 'stuff' its how we cope when things get tough... I love that saying "When the going gets tough, the tough get going"

Having some support along the way, goes a long way to make that journey much shorter.
You know all the effort you put in is paying off... Just watch them numbers falling mate.
Po

I have just copied my latest blog post below... Enjoy!

Watch the numbers fall

Life could be likened to wandering a maze

With each twist and turn there are new things to gaze

Some are quite wonderful and fill you with awe

Others you may wish, that you’d never saw

Like the feeling we’ve come to another dead end

But then when we look it’s simply a bend

It may be, we have to retrace our last steps

How many times must we do all these reps?

Although moving backwards in retrograde style

Staying where you are even for a while

Is just not an option if you want to move on

A conclusion soon reached, you could say it’s forgone

As actually your progression continues each step

You might not have realised its happening yet

Maybe you missed the turning you need

Or that feeling in your gut you just did not heed

What ever the reason continue to roam

Wherever you are, your not far from home

As round the next corner a familiar sight

Will end all your doubt and fill with delight

High readings will lower

As your blood glucose decreases

And your life expectancy

Most certainly increases

Po

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is very different reading and posting here on my tablet instead of my usual Chromebook. Everything looks different. But happily I am finally able to see your darling frog, @gennepher .

Thanks to all of you who posted hugs and best wishes to my KittenCat. It is wonderful to have her back to normal and to have friends who understand. Hugs and purrs from us to y'all. Xoxoxo
I dont know how but did I miss poor KC being poorly? I know how much she means to you and what a big concern if she is unwell. So please accept hugs (for you) from me and lots of miaows (from Bobs and Daisy) for KC. Take care you two.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How do they do it Stanley (I know that's not your name btw;))

electrickery..apparently.:wideyed:

i did post this up in an ealier post, but here it is again, by way of explanation....
https://the-home-gym.com/what-is-a-smart-scale

liking them so far..nice extra bit of info.
i see it like the meter, or my fitness tracker.
it's a guide to how well i am doing and a
pointer to where i could improve.

so far so good.

Stan Lee...Marvelous name..;)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG, 5.7 this wonderful morning.

A nice weekend off to share with the missus..
( well some of it.) a run out to richmond park on saturday.
deer richmond.jpg lone tree richmond.jpg horses richmond.jpg

Headed back to get some food,
Got mugged and who can resist a cute cat doing it..
cute cat Chiswick~01.jpg

then we ended up try to get a table in some plush vietnamese restaurant the wife has used, that evening.
restaurant empty, but fully booked up for later, sadly.

Which was fine..SO we now intended to hit stick N Bowl in kensington for a take away, and sit watch GoT again
But when we got there, seats where available, so we thought we'd go 'tourist' and pretended we were in a foreign Capital.
(considering Vietnam (ho chi minh city ) or Myanmar (ngapali beach ) for next years adventures, so good practice.

we both like Anthony Bourdain's show.(rip), and he always went as ethnic as possible, shunning the high end in favour of the 'real' foods
so we did same...in Kensington..:hilarious:

Blooming lovely..Roast duck noodle soup, and crispy ribs, green vegetables in sauce.

stick n bowl.jpg green veg stick n bowl.jpg

sadly no pic of roast noodles soup...too busy slurping it to take snap..;)
Then A nice quiet evening in each others company..Bliss.

Today, had lent car to niece's husband last nov..(i know, but we rarely use it) but got it back friday, to do some running around.

SO while Madam was off having Diner with her girlfriends, i..

* Bought a new fridge freezer to replace our old one that packed up a while back.
* Took a whole rake of clothes to the recycle tanks, as i am never seeing myself back at THAT size again.:D
* Sat in a A l-o-n-g A** queue to visit recycling centre to drop off a whole pile of old / stale paint pots that had been lurking in bathroom cupboards and such....20 minutes to just get INTO the queue..:bigtears:

and then home, to cook my own dinner (foods was supplied by the lovely Madame of the House ;))
spatchcock chicken, plus veg ,,deee liciously deliciuous..YUM :)
and All on the back of just 2 brazil nuts.. as i went OMAD today.

5.1 pre 6.9 post 2 hours..happy with that.

now off to have a sneaky bit of lindt, with my cuppa, and watch Chernobyl.

Enjoy the evening and be safe, y'all..:happy:

Last edited:

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
electrickery..apparently.:wideyed:

i did post this up in an ealier post, but here it is again, by way of explanation....
https://the-home-gym.com/what-is-a-smart-scale

liking them so far..nice extra bit of info.
i see it like the meter, or my fitness tracker.
it's a guide to how well i am doing and a
pointer to where i could improve.

so far so good.

Stan Lee...Marvelous name..;)

What was that loud bump? I laughed so much my head fell off!

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

( well some of it.) a run out to richmond park on saturday
Pics to follow...i find the laptop easier to post words on, then pics flow easier from the mobile.

then we ended up try to get a table in some plush vietnamese restaurant the wife has used, that evening.

Which was fine..SO we now intended to hit stick N Bowl in kensington for a take away, and sit watch GoT again
But when we got there, seats where available, so we thought we'd go 'tourist' and pretended we were in a foreign Capital.
(considering Vietnam (ho chi minh city ) or Myanmar (ngapali beach ) for next years adventures, so good practice.

we both like Anthony Bourdain's show.(rip), and he always went as ethnic as possible, shunning the high end in favour of the 'real' foods

Blooming lovely..Roast duck noodle soup, and crispy ribs, green vegetables in sauce.

pics to follow.

Today, had lent car to niece's husband last nov..(i know, but we rarely use it) but got it back friday, to do some running around.

* Bought a new fridge freezer to replace our old one that packed up a while back.
* Took a whole rake of clothes to the recycle tanks, as i am never seeing myself back at THAT size again.:D
* Sat in a A l-o-n-g A** queue to visit recycling centre to drop off a whole pile of old / stale paint pots that had been lurking in bathroom cupboards and such....20 minutes to just get INTO the queue..:bigtears:

and then home, to cook my own dinner (foods was supplied by the lovely Madame of the House ;))

I have never seen a chicken with a spatchcock have you any pics?
God I.m hungry now!
Po

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

( well some of it.) a run out to richmond park on saturday
Pics to follow...i find the laptop easier to post words on, then pics flow easier from the mobile.

pics to follow.

Love the way you write

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 at 6:00 hope you are all doing well today ..
Today is the election day for the EU here in DK , so besides knitting and laundry to do , I am just going to have a relaxed Sunday...

I so do hope that you all in GB will end up finding a person that can unite all you citizens when you select your next PM
To be honest it's not looking good looking at the front runners. I'm.praying for a miracle!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Free If our next leader is half as good as your numbers, we have nothing to worry about!

That said, I don't hold much/any hope for us TBPH.

I never talk about politics or religion as a rule... It's the same $h1t in a different bucket.

Sorry if this comment upsets a few peeps.
Po
It's not getting any better.the runners in the national are....... quite honestly a national disgrace!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I dont know how but did I miss poor KC being poorly? I know how much she means to you and what a big concern if she is unwell. So please accept hugs (for you) from me and lots of miaows (from Bobs and Daisy) for KC. Take care you two.

Thank you, @PenguinMum . You and Bobs and Daisy sent us a lovely get-well post yesterday with purrs and hugs. Purrs and hugs back to y'all!

I kept thinking I was coming down with something myself as I felt so worn out all day yesterday, but today with the KittenCat feeling herself again I am feeling myself again too.

She is sunbathing on the ledge below the windowsill now (the location of her avatar photo), one of her favorite places; I pay attention to make sure she doesn't bake herself. ^. .^

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, @PenguinMum . You and Bobs and Daisy sent us a lovely get-well post yesterday with purrs and hugs. Purrs and hugs back to y'all!

I kept thinking I was coming down with something myself as I felt so worn out all day yesterday, but today with the KittenCat feeling herself again I am feeling myself again too.

She is sunbathing on the ledge below the windowsill now (the location of her avatar photo), one of her favorite places; I pay attention to make sure she doesn't bake herself. ^. .^
Great stuff...I have the worst memory possible..if only you could also sunbathe on the same ledge...could you? Have you got any more forward in deciding if you will move towns? Xx

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lovely mugger-cat, @jjraak . That looks like a purebred Silver Tabby.

interesting, you certainly know your cats then.

He was beautifully marked and big old thing too.
had to stop the missus trying to nick him...(i THINK she was joking, but can't swear she was..:woot:)

she does have form..local vicar caught her tempting his cat home with some treats..awkward...:rolleyes:

Reactions: gennepher

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Painting my boat engine today. I'm too mean to buy the OEM stuff, so it's jam jar and a stick with some old tins, to match the grey shade.

FBG 7.3 mmo/lt at 0530. Had several hours of proper sleep and no nightmares, at last.

Premier League return of the Villa or Derby? Those names resound down the ages.

Have a good Bank Holiday everyone.