Miao Miao

misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
Hello I have just got the Miao Miao and downloaded the tomato app but it doesn’t seem to be syncing it says it’s connected and is showing with Bluetooth can anyone help ?

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello I have just got the Miao Miao and downloaded the tomato app but it doesn’t seem to be syncing it says it’s connected and is showing with Bluetooth can anyone help ?

Hi, misspinky, you've got the right place (lots of mm users here), but wrong time (Saturday night, we're all out getting pi**ed!).

I'll tag a few other mm users to see if we can figure out an answer to this: @Knikki , @porl69 , @Mel dCP

The Tomato app is very basic, few of us use it.

If you're on an android phone, I'd delete Tomato, and install xDrip+:

https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/releases

Yes, I know, it looks like a really dubious download from a site which you've never heard of, but it works, trust me on this.

Click the burger menu at top left, then Bluetooth Scan, wait a while, your mm should show up there, click it, and follow the instructions from there.

If you're on ios, hmm, well, that's had some ups and downs recently, I'll let Mel explain those...

When you get the mm working, it's well worthwhile.

Reactions: porl69

misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
Hi, misspinky, you've got the right place (lots of mm users here), but wrong time (Saturday night, we're all out getting pi**ed!).

I'll tag a few other mm users to see if we can figure out an answer to this: @Knikki , @porl69 , @Mel dCP

The Tomato app is very basic, few of us use it.

If you're on an android phone, I'd delete Tomato, and install xDrip+:

https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/releases

Yes, I know, it looks like a really dubious download from a site which you've never heard of, but it works, trust me on this.

Click the burger menu at top left, then Bluetooth Scan, wait a while, your mm should show up there, click it, and follow the instructions from there.

If you're on ios, hmm, well, that's had some ups and downs recently, I'll let Mel explain those...

When you get the mm working, it's well worthwhile.

Lol I’m not really a drinker and been quite unwell last few weeks so lost my days haha x have iPhone been told to get spike cause tomato keeps losing connection

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning my lovely, yes for an iPhone, you really do need Spike to get the best from your MiaoMiao - go to spike-app.com and have a look there. Because it’s an unofficial app, you need to “sideload” it using a computer - do you have one?

Reactions: misspinky1984

misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
Morning my lovely, yes for an iPhone, you really do need Spike to get the best from your MiaoMiao - go to spike-app.com and have a look there. Because it’s an unofficial app, you need to “sideload” it using a computer - do you have one?

Yes I have a pc I will go online and do it now

misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
Hope you enjoyed the wine x I was in bed early watching Netflix lol

Reactions: Knikki

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning....thanks for the tag Scott. I use Android and Xdrip. Unfortunately no clue with iPhone. Once you get Spike up and running you will love the MM

misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
Is there help to download this app for dummies like my self lol

misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
I download it and not sure what to do next goes to a blank page

misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
I’ve got spike I’m all set up but please no one ask how I did it because I have no idea

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’ve got spike I’m all set up but please no one ask how I did it because I have no idea

Lol, well done, misspinky, it's always exciting when you see those first few dots appear on the screen!

Pretty much everyone who uses libre/mm/spike or xdrip+ report them as making T1 management way easier; safely dropping a1cs, fewer hypos and hypers and just general peace of mind with having the hypo alerts, so welcome to this brave new world!

Reactions: misspinky1984

misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
Well I been on libre 2 years and pump almost a year hba1c came down from 11.4 to 7.2 so happy girl here x