Cant stop losing weight

BAZZA_P

Hi guys hope everyone is all ok.

I was diagnosed with type 2 in April - i was then about 10st 9 pounds

was low carbing until 2 weeks ago after starting going to the meeting/course thing they sent me on.
I am now trying the "healthy" eat many carbs diet as i thought i was eating too much fat when low carbing. anyway ever since april i cant stop losing weight and i want it to stop as im 9st 10 now nearly a stone lighter and i was happy with my weight before. I am 30 by the way. Does this sound normal. Also could i actually have type 1 late on set diabetes?

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
If you've increased your carbs you should soon start gaining weight again. Keep an eye on your bg levels. If you still keep losing weight, go to the doctor or nurse again and discuss the problem with them.

I'd record what you're eating - keep a food diary - and test regularly to see what your glucose levels are doing. Then you'll see exactly what's happening.

Viv 8)

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
Just want to say 'Hi' and say that I agree with Viv. You need to be doing lots of blood testing and then go back to the doctor as yes I expect it is possible you could be other than type 2 and need different treatment to what you're getting.

Cheers
Ailz

canuck1950

When cutting the carbs and, provided one is eating enough protein, the weight that is shed will be excess body fat. Fat loss will plateau at some point; people do not waste away to nothing from carb restriction. For some people weight loss stops when they still have what they consider excess fat on board. Other hormones can be a factor in causing this - deficiencies in thyroid or estrogen, for example. Continued weight loss after reaching ideal body weight on a properly administered low-carb diet (eg. the newest Atkins) should be investigated. For someone who has lost weight on a low-carb diet, I certainly would not recommend re-introducing carbs to regain weight. The benefits of low-carb extend beyond weight. It is important to continue to restrict carbs to maintain metabolic health.