Reaction to curcumin supplement

Louisette

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been taking turmeric and black pepper for a while. I changed brands last week to a more potent one. I was very ill, couldn't leave the house for 3 days. I don't know if it is the curcumin or another ingredient and if it has anything to do with the changes that I made in my diet, like low carbs for about 2 years now.

400 mg Curcumin -C3
400 mg Black cumin seed oil
100 mg Ginger root extract
50 mg AstraGin

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Last edited:

sudsandsoda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

I'm certainly no expert - but do a search for Keto flu. I've read some people say it doesn't exist, but I certainly felt awful for a few days when I started the LCHF/ Keto diet.

Jx

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Both curcumin and black pepper are very high in oxalates which can cause problems for some people. There are quite a few resources and Youtube talks on the subject. Sounds like a break from those supplements might be a good idea for you.

Louisette

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello,

I'm certainly no expert - but do a search for Keto flu. I've read some people say it doesn't exist, but I certainly felt awful for a few days when I started the LCHF/ Keto diet.

Jx
Thanks for your reply. I can't imagine this would be keto flu as I have not changed the way I eat for about 2 years. I have read about that before but I am certain this is the supplements. I might be more sensitive to them becasue of the low carb but can't find anything about that on the WWW.
Best wishes

Louisette

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like a break from those supplements might be a good idea for you.

Absolutely. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole after being that ill. I have asked the company for a refund as they offer a 60 day money back guarantee if not satisfied.

Best :)

sudsandsoda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for your reply. I can't imagine this would be keto flu as I have not changed the way I eat for about 2 years. I have read about that before but I am certain this is the supplements. I might be more sensitive to them becasue of the low carb but can't find anything about that on the WWW.
Best wishes

Ah sorry! I misread your post, thought you were new to low carb :).
All the best,

Reactions: Louisette