Low Carb Protein Bar

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Just wondering where I can get low carb protein bars? The protein bars I've seen aren't very low in carbs. I moved to Newcastle from Australia and haven't seen any low carb bars or low carb bread? I thought it would be easier to get as in general there is a better variety of food here. Grateful for the pirk scratchings though!

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
I can't do a long journey without a bag of pork scratchings in the glovebox!

Reactions: Lesleywo
D

Deleted Account

Trek protein bars contain 5g carbs.
I buy these online but I think I have seen them in some supermarkets.
I use them as low carb snacks.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Phd Smart bars and Carb Killa high protein bars look to have a high carb content but as they are sweetened with polyols which are a carb but aren’t absorbed (by most people), once you’ve subtracted the polyol carb count from the total carb count, they come out at net carbs of between 0.4 and 7g depending on the flavour.
Low carb breads I’ve tried are Burgen Soy and Linseed bread from Tesco, HiLo from Sainsbury’s and LivLife from Waitrose.

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Phd Smart bars and Carb Killa high protein bars look to have a high carb content but as they are sweetened with polyols which are a carb but aren’t absorbed (by most people), once you’ve subtracted the polyol carb count from the total carb count, they come out at net carbs of between 0.4 and 7g depending on the flavour.
Low carb breads I’ve tried are Burgen Soy and Linseed bread from Tesco, HiLo from Sainsbury’s and LivLife from Waitrose.
Thanks I will look out for the bars. Unfortunately the Waitrose and Sainsburys near me don't stock the low carb breads, you can only order online which means a week's shop? I've ordered some bread from Carbzone but I'm not holding my breath

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Trek protein bars contain 5g carbs.
I buy these online but I think I have seen them in some supermarkets.
I use them as low carb snacks.
Just bought some in Asda but not tried yet