Falling off the no carb wagon!!

sunnybouy77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
When you reach a state of ketosis and doing Intermitent fasting, the cravings stop and you experience weight loss as the reward

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Several people have chosen to go keto/no carb but this wasn't the solution for me. I've been waiting nearly a year for counselling to help with my depression = sugar binges lifestyle and while I was only able to diet in the past by going down very strictly I realised that it would not work - I always fell off the wagon.
So I chose to start on 100g a day and sorted out some stevia sweetened chocolate and no added sugar biscuits. After a while I was able to go down to 85g (at which point I was getting normal BS readings), but I would forward plan for any anticipated stress days and allow myself to go back to 100g - which by then felt like a treat.
This may not be right for everyone, but you need to find a way that works for you.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Several people have chosen to go keto/no carb but this wasn't the solution for me. I've been waiting nearly a year for counselling to help with my depression = sugar binges lifestyle and while I was only able to diet in the past by going down very strictly I realised that it would not work - I always fell off the wagon.
So I chose to start on 100g a day and sorted out some stevia sweetened chocolate and no added sugar biscuits. After a while I was able to go down to 85g (at which point I was getting normal BS readings), but I would forward plan for any anticipated stress days and allow myself to go back to 100g - which by then felt like a treat.
This may not be right for everyone, but you need to find a way that works for you.
BTW, not only normal range BS but I've lost 5 st - my body didn't need keto to do this. Although I'll try going lower if the stress eating gets fixed.