Frying

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How about Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, cold pressed. We used that this evening with shredded onion, ginger and garlic.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The fat doctor I'm on about is the consultant the operated on me after I had 3 heart attacks.
This is the problem I have
Keeping him happy as well as keeping the sugar doctor (diabetic doctor) happy.
The way I see it is that it's all well and good doing without carbs but without carbs your body will shut down and we'll stop sucking wind.
I'm sussing meals with as few of carbs in as possible but I need food with flavour.
I have just recovered from 2 heart attacks with associated kidney failure and other organ shutdown issues. I have now had a triple bypass operation. MY cardio consultant (a reknowned Professor) who operated personally on me has made it clear that the damage as seen on the angiogram was started decades ago, and is NOT related to my current LCHF lifestyle, He has not told me to go low fat, but has advised me to continue doing whatever I am currently doing since it keeps my bgl in control and keeps my BP low and my TC low and all my other blood markers are doing well. That was why he operated on a 71 year old where normally the cutoff is 65,

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I have just recovered from 2 heart attacks with associated kidney failure and other organ shutdown issues. I have now had a triple bypass operation. MY cardio consultant (a reknowned Professor) who operated personally on me has made it clear that the damage as seen on the angiogram was started decades ago, and is NOT related to my current LCHF lifestyle, He has not told me to go low fat, but has advised me to continue doing whatever I am currently doing since it keeps my bgl in control and keeps my BP low and my TC low and all my other blood markers are doing well. That was why he operated on a 71 year old where normally the cutoff is 65,
Epic!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Gold star for you and the consultant. So pleased you are out of the tunnel you were in not so long ago.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gold star for you and the consultant. So pleased you are out of the tunnel you were in not so long ago.
Thank you. I am low carbing again, and I am finally seeing 4's and 5's again. I am still on the Glic, but I have agreement with my HCP to reduce the dose unilaterally to hopefully soft landing back to remission,

Reactions: Guzzler

ardvark

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done Oldvatr done yourself proud there.
I disagree with this 65 cut off. That is out of order.

I did my frying experiment.
500g of 5% fat steak mince fried the added 2 cups of mixed gravy and 1/2 a bag of mixed veg.
Blood was 7.1 after. I'm pleased with that and have added the recipe to my meal menu

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done Oldvatr done yourself proud there.
I disagree with this 65 cut off. That is out of order.

I did my frying experiment.
500g of 5% fat steak mince fried the added 2 cups of mixed gravy and 1/2 a bag of mixed veg.
Blood was 7.1 after. I'm pleased with that and have added the recipe to my meal menu
Having been through that experience, I agree with the cutoff being considered. It is obviously not a mandatory limit since I got past it, but it means that extra considerations apply. The op and its aftermath are very traumatic for the body, at a time when the atherosclerosis is rampant and there are probabable arterial branch blockages already reducing heart output. My consultant was dubious as to how much of my heart would 'light up'when they tried to start it again.

The body's ability to quickly repair itself and for wounds to heal after the op become more problematic as we age, and so there is increased risk of further harm being done leading to poor outcomes. On the shift I was part of, one poor soul passed on the table, one had a massive stroke, and the third contracted blood born MRSA virus from the op.

I seem to have survived well, and recovered to a good place very quickly, but my own journey was not without drama as most of my organs went on strike after the op and had to be coaxed back into function again. That is why they are twitchy about who gets the op. As a double stroke survivor myself, with 40% of my brain already fried and no longer working due to thrombosis in one of the two arterial supplies to the brain leaving me with only one blood supply that is partially furred up, I was extremely fearful of what my outcome would be, and had to come to terms with my own mortality before I signed the consent form on the day of the op after 'prepping'.

As a diabetic, the odds were stacking up against me, and I wish I had taken better care of my condition in my earlier life. 50 years of sex, drugs and rock n roll are not the best preparation for old age. So I urge anyone reading this forum thread who has reservations about using LC diet to reverse diabetes, that you at least try it for while and see what it might do for you. My mother was T1D and passed from complications at age 53. I was 71 a week before my op and I intend sticking around for a bit longer, LC is my lifestyle of choice now and I am sure it helped protect me on my journey.