Latest HbA1c results May 2019

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just phoned Surgery to check my latest (May) HbA1c results - a Happy Dance 43 after a little bounce up to 45 in January (due to pain from a bad case of weeping oedema, and stress over carpal tunnel issues, and slight dietary diversions over the Christmas period). I always see a slight rise due to illness, pain,.stress issues, and these tend to affect me more than any minor variations in diet so I was expecting latest result to be 45 or more again, mainly due to the stress :oops: and a bit of comfort eating which I'm not going to mention here ,:oops: so a very pleasant surprise!

However, low carbing has mainly kept me stable between 40-43 for five years now which tells me that the dread diabetes is the least of my worries healthwise. I don't know about remission, but doctor and I both see it as being well controlled.

Robbity

ETA : I've also just had :eek:yet another:eek: blood test last week as part of a pre-op check up before I get my hand fixed, so I'll be interested to see what that one says for HbA1c.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Great result and set of results. Definite "Remission" on Newcastle Diet, Virta Health measures which are around 6.5%.

Reactions: Diabetesdave1

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
And we have a Winner!

Good Luck with the surgery and recovery.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @Robbity always especially inspiring when someone has kept their bgs in a good place for so long - wow 5 years amazing news.
Good luck too with the upcoming operation and, as you say, it will be interesting to see if your hbaca1s match! How far apart were they taken?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @Robbity
Good luck too with the upcoming operation and, as you say, it will be interesting to see if your hbaca1s match! How far apart were they taken?
Only 11 days! But the checks will have been done at different hospitals. If I remember correctly @Bluetit1802 had different results with two tests done close together at different labs?

And thanks everyone for your good wishes!

Robbity

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Only 11 days! But the checks will have been done at different hospitals. If I remember correctly @Bluetit1802 had different results with two tests done close together at different labs?

And thanks everyone for your good wishes!

Robbity

Indeed I did. There was a 4 point difference between the two tests, analysed from the same blood draw. However, the 2 labs had different types of machinery. The results were 40 and 44.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just phoned Surgery to check my latest (May) HbA1c results - a Happy Dance 43 after a little bounce up to 45 in January (due to pain from a bad case of weeping oedema, and stress over carpal tunnel issues, and slight dietary diversions over the Christmas period). I always see a slight rise due to illness, pain,.stress issues, and these tend to affect me more than any minor variations in diet so I was expecting latest result to be 45 or more again, mainly due to the stress :oops: and a bit of comfort eating which I'm not going to mention here ,:oops: so a very pleasant surprise!

However, low carbing has mainly kept me stable between 40-43 for five years now which tells me that the dread diabetes is the least of my worries healthwise. I don't know about remission, but doctor and I both see it as being well controlled.

Robbity

ETA : I've also just had :eek:yet another:eek: blood test last week as part of a pre-op check up before I get my hand fixed, so I'll be interested to see what that one says for HbA1c.
What great news.. well done you!

malcs90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Robbity

When diagnosed mine was 49. Last years test results 45. Had test last week in preparation for my annual revue and it has fallen to 39.

Reactions: Ketocate