Worried about first scan results

slayer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a Type 1 diabetic. I have conceived via IVF I had a frozen embryo transfer. Yesterday I was 7weeks and 3days pregnant and I had my ultrasound scan, but CRL was 6mm. The nurse has really scared me as she said the baby should have been 9mm in length. There was a heartbeat but she said next week it may not be there and booked me for another scan. I know I should not worry, but I cannot help it. Has anyone got any advice or has anyone been in my situation?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I am a Type 1 diabetic. I have conceived via IVF I had a frozen embryo transfer. Yesterday I was 7weeks and 3days pregnant and I had my ultrasound scan, but CRL was 6mm. The nurse has really scared me as she said the baby should have been 9mm in length. There was a heartbeat but she said next week it may not be there and booked me for another scan. I know I should not worry, but I cannot help it. Has anyone got any advice or has anyone been in my situation?

Aawww bless you, the nurse should of worded her words differently. Some babies can be smaller than other's and some are larger, it's good a heartbeat was found. Saying try not to worry probably won't help, so all I can say is to take deep breaths and try not to get over anxious as your BS may increase. Have you told your partner and family, as they can give you lots of emotional support and love.
Please let us know how you get on, I will be thinking of you, take care x

slayer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My husband knows but we wanted to wait until 12 weeks to tell the family as I have previously had two miscarriages. I do feel like the nurse could have been more sensitive.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @slayer I agree with @Robinredbreast your nurse could of worded this slightly different, I don't have any experience of this but wanted to wish you well, take it easy and try not to worry.

Reactions: slayer

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
try not to worry too hard
hug.png
...every one beats themselves up worrying before scans...even my non diabetic friends!!

slayer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A quick update. Baby has now grown from 6mm to 15mm in a week! The nurse this time was much nicer. I have been eating all the right 'stuff' and controlling my sugars. She dated me at eight weeks pregnant :)

Reactions: CranberryIce