Not open for further replies.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning. I am now in a position to announce the result of the recent election for members of our Moderator Team. All candidates have individually been informed of their own result, and those who were successful have confirmed their ongoing willingness to become a Moderator.

It’s always healthy to have a good field in a poll, but it does also mean there will be some who cannot be elected this time around. Those unsuccessful on this occasion may, of course stand again in another election, and hopefully they will.

In alphabetical order, the following candidates were successful:

@Antje77
@Brunneria – will now continue to a second two year term
@Goonergal

Those not elected, this time around are:
@Caeseji
@HSSS
@Kittycat_7_
@Knikki
@lucylocket61

Next steps:

During tomorrow Pipp and Jaylee will have their Moderator status retired, and they will adopt the blue “Retired Mod” livery. At the same time, those elected will also have their status changed and begin a settling in period.

I am sure you would join me in thanking Pipp and Jay for their efforts in the last two years and wish out new Mods well for their tenure.

Thank you to all who stood and I hope we can enjoy your continuing support on the forum.

Finally, apologies for the protracted nature of this year’s electoral race, but sometimes life, events and Bank Holidays get in the way! We got there in the end.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations to all those elected and a very big thank you to the retirees.
Also a huge thank to all who volunteered and put themselves forward you are all very valued members of this forum and give excellent contributions you’d have all made excellent moderators I’m sure
Thank you

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You've done an absolutely stellar job as moderators, @Jaylee and @Pipp. Thanks so much for your time and dedication.

Congrats on your elections, @Antje77, @Goonergal, @Brunneria -- very much deserved and looking forward to the next year/s with you as moderators.

@Caeseji, @Knikki, @Kittycat_7_, @lucylocket61, and @HSSS -- absolutely brilliant candidates, thanks so much for all your contributions to the forum. You have greatly helped make this the wonderful place it has become.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, I got elected! Thanks everyone for trusting I can do the stuff a moderator needs to do, I'll do my very best to live up to that :)
I'm pretty shaken by this but in a very good way! Getting elected by people you like and respect a lot turns out to be a very effective boost to mood, thanks again!

And thanks to retiring and sitting mods for your work, and please be patient with us newbies while we learn :)

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks to the outgoing mods for all their efforts.

Well done to the new mods, worthy winners indeed!

I have no sense of disappointment at all to see such great members succeeding ahead of me. A huge thank you for the nomination and votes I did get, I was truly honoured to be considered.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Congrats to the new mods and thank you to those retiring! You’ve all been massive inspirations and your work is always appreciated.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Without people willing to be Mods this forum wouldn't be the safe, helpful place it is. So congratulations, commiserations and a big, big thank you to all Mods both past and present - and to the people who were unsuccessful this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.