Pancreas Problems

CrumblingWall

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello, not related to diabetes but is anyone here having symptoms of bad digestion? Especially fatty foods. Some pain after fatty foods eating. Bloating, gnawing, heartburn, dull ache. I also have fat malabsorption issue for 3-4 years. If I eat more fat, it comes out the other end tomorrow, greasy and icky.

I had ultrasounds of gallbladder, pancreas, all good. Anyone here had pancreatitis? Or exocrine pancreas insufficiency? It seems like my previous questions about blood sugar and fat malabsorption might be related to pancreas? I will get back to a doctor soon, but was wondering if someone is in my boat.

milesrf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
spammers, off topic posters, side effects of a stroke
One of my neighbors uses a medicine called Creon that substitutes for some of the digestive enzymes normally produce by the pancreas.

https://www.creon.com/

He hasn't said what caused his problem.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @CrumblingWall .
I note from your profile that you don’t have diabetes. Also that you take Berberine. Is this something your doctor is aware of?

Unfortunately members of the forums are not allowed to make any diagnosis. So you are right in saying you will get back to the doctor. Be persistent until you get answers from him / her.

CrumblingWall

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi @CrumblingWall .
I note from your profile that you don’t have diabetes. Also that you take Berberine. Is this something your doctor is aware of?

Unfortunately members of the forums are not allowed to make any diagnosis. So you are right in saying you will get back to the doctor. Be persistent until you get answers from him / her.

I just recently started taking it. I will try to get fecal test, followed by other tests.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Hi @CrumblingWall

IF it is pancreatitis, in addition to Creon, you may be advised to stop smoking, cut out alcohol and switch to a low fat diet. My neighbour’s had pancreatitis for about 10 years and it doesn’t seem to bother him.

However, as some of us can testify, it can occasionally (and very rarely) be serious, so if you get severe pain e.g. you’re doubled up in agony, don’t brave it out or wait for a GP appointment, go straight to A&E. (As I said, this is rare, so don’t worry, but I wish I’d been warned of the possibility).